Will There Be a 2020 Football Season?

Chances of a 2020 season?   

58 members have voted

1. 1. Chances of a 2020 season?

• Full 12 Game Schedule
    • Shortened Season
    • No Games Played

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/12/2020 at 06:09 PM

Getting the feeling that they are going to keep leaking earlier and earlier potential new start dates while publicly saying "still winter" until they come out and say they are playing this fall. Try to leak as much as they can before an official announcement so it doesn't feel like they suddenly reversed from pressure. The B1G needs new PR people badly.

• Plus1 1
8 minutes ago, Decked said:

If they open back up I truly see no reason why somebody shouldn’t get the axe taken to them. This was a PR nightmare and someone needs to lose a job. 

if I remember right from Twitter the study they used to postpone also got pulled 

I hear you, but maybe another take is that Warren realized where they had gone wrong and was humble enough to say "Hey we took another look and maybe we should actually play."

I just want football.   :)

• Plus1 1

9 minutes ago, Undone said:

I hear you, but maybe another take is that Warren realized where they had gone wrong and was humble enough to say "Hey we took another look and maybe we should actually play."

I just want football.   :)

Too late for that. Sports have already gotten cut, people have taken paycuts, too much s#!t has already been done. We need blood. 

The big ten deserves no credit for attempting to rectify something that should’ve never been done beforehand 

• Thanks 1
11 minutes ago, WyoHusker56 said:

Getting the feeling that they are going to keep leaking earlier and earlier potential new start dates while publicly saying "still winter" until they come out and say they are playing this fall. Try to leak as much as they can before an official announcement so it doesn't feel like they suddenly reversed from pressure. The B1G needs new PR people badly.

Well, they better get to gett'n then.  If they plan on starting October 17th, that means preseason practice would start around September 19th and that's only a few weeks away.

Programs would need a little heads up to get things going for practice to start.

The NFL isn't even hedging. Other than cancelling pre-season games nobody really wanted, it's full steam ahead.

The prospect of watching a football season play out on TV every Saturday and Sunday while your university and conference sits on the sideline suddenly sounds like a nightmare. You generally don't get in trouble by considering the safety of your students first, but clearly The Big 10 expected more support and less backlash. 

Will There Be a 2020 Football Season? is the thread that won't stop giving. 

• Plus1 5

Amazing sometimes what a little ‘sunshine’ can do.  lol.  I am wondering if Special K now thinks he can avoid getting his a** canned by trying to come up with some oddball plan to avoid the disclosure of the board mtg minutes & vote records by some kind of deal before the court deadline Monday?   

I doubt it will work.  The suit is filed and the order will not be relieved with a quick ‘nevermind’ before then.  

The gift that just keeps on giving!

• Plus1 3