Will There Be a 2020 Football Season?

Chances of a 2020 season?   

58 members have voted

1. 1. Chances of a 2020 season?

• Full 12 Game Schedule
    • Shortened Season
    • No Games Played

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/12/2020 at 06:09 PM

2 hours ago, teachercd said:

Well, I think what is happening is there seems to be a shift from deaths to "We don't know the long term effects, what will this do to you in 25 years".  I think a lot of people have a hard time with that being the new worry.  

I get it, when you are 20 it is really hard to be like "Oh no, when I am 45 I might have issues because of this virus" 

Exactly, it’s a pretty weak attempt at controlling the masses. Hey you might have long term health issues. Seriously, who is going to alter their life on the chance sometime in the next 25 years you develop a secondary issue? Then how do we know you were not going to develop that issue regardless. 

• Plus1 2

6 minutes ago, Huskers93-97 said:

Exactly, it’s a pretty weak attempt at controlling the masses. Hey you might have long term health issues. Seriously, who is going to alter their life on the chance sometime in the next 25 years you develop a secondary issue? Then how do we know you were not going to develop that issue regardless. 

Really?  Do you smoke?  Do you exercise to be healthier long term?  Do you do drugs?

• Plus1 3
6 minutes ago, Huskers93-97 said:

I don't think it is some intentional form of controlling people, I just think it is where it has shifted.  I get it, it makes sense that it would shift that way because we don't know the long term impact on the body.  But, like I said before, most people don't really think like that.

I mean, we have people on this site that have brought up the "long term effects" and more than likely, those people are also overweight (like my fatass), drink too much (like me), smoke/vape (not me), use tons of Px drugs (not me), cut off the tip of their finger in a snow cone machine (me, long story), eat like crap (me), don't visit the doctor (me)...but now all of a sudden they are the "But the long term effect!" people.

3 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Really?  Do you smoke?  Do you exercise to be healthier long term?  Do you do drugs?

Oh man...we almost posted the same response!

2 hours ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

That’s not what they’re saying. They’re saying many people that died of Covid also had pre-existing conditions or conditions caused by Covid. If you died at a hospital with Covid and respiratory failure (caused by Covid), respiratory distress (caused by Covid), pneumonia (caused by Covid), you wouldn’t be in that 6% because that would be two conditions. Very misleading info being put out by some essential oils chiropractor. 

I honestly understand the argument that Covid is really only a big threat to elderly and people with other health concerns. But that point shouldn’t be made using bunk data. 

Then how do you interpret this data? That Covid death’s are mostly comorbid? I think knowing that could be good information for the masses. 

I was able to pull up one of the cdc charts on my phone, but it’s had to see, but it looks like pneumonia is lumped one with other conditions. I would not consider pneumonia to be a pre-existing condition, but a secondary or symptom of Covid.  I would consider Diabetes to be a pre-existing. 

and is this really new information? I thought the correlation between pre-existing conditions such as diabetes,  hypertension, kidney problems was made months ago. 

• Plus1 1
2 minutes ago, krc1995 said:

Then how do you interpret this data? That Covid death’s are mostly comorbid? I think knowing that could be good information for the masses. 

I was able to pull up one of the cdc charts on my phone, but it’s had to see, but it looks like pneumonia is lumped one with other conditions. I would not consider pneumonia to be a pre-existing condition, but a secondary or symptom of Covid.  I would consider Diabetes to be a pre-existing. 

and is this really new information? I thought the correlation between pre-existing conditions such as diabetes,  hypertension, kidney problems was made months ago. 

You nailed it. This isn't anything new we've always known that elderly and those with preexisting conditions were most likely to die from this. The CDC didn't change anything some crack pot chiropractor is presenting info I'm a different way for attention and to try and discredit all this. Almost a third of the USA has diabetes or prediabetes so we can't act like preexisting conditions are some minor subset. 

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
2 hours ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

That’s not what they’re saying. They’re saying many people that died of Covid also had pre-existing conditions or conditions caused by Covid. If you died at a hospital with Covid and respiratory failure (caused by Covid), respiratory distress (caused by Covid), pneumonia (caused by Covid), you wouldn’t be in that 6% because that would be two conditions. Very misleading info being put out by some essential oils chiropractor. 

I honestly understand the argument that Covid is really only a big threat to elderly and people with other health concerns. But that point shouldn’t be made using bunk data. 

This information is coming from many folks today, I just posted one link to it.  If you look down further in that tweet there is a link to the CDC site with some of the data behind it.  I think in general there has been a lot of misleading info from the CDC over the past several months.  With that said, I think there does appear to be some agreement that the most at risk would be elderly and those at high risk, so with that said, let's play some football!

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
7 minutes ago, teachercd said:

Ha...No I mean, I can't believe that number.  There is no way there are only 10,000 covid deaths.

Again, that's not what it means.  It's how the death certificate was filled out.  That number is "covid only" as written on the death certificate. 

If you have a manageable condition, diabetes, etc, and covid kills you, you probably will be listed with a comorbidity and thus not fall into the 10,000 death category. 

In fact, it appears you could be without a pre-existing condition, then contract covid, die from covid induced respiratory failure for instance, and the cause of death would not be listed as "covid only".  It could be listed as both.  It depends on how the death certificate is filled out.

This matters because people are now running around thinking the lethality is far less than it is.  That's not what this data shows.

3 minutes ago, WyoHusker56 said:

You nailed it. This isn't anything new we've always known that elderly and those with preexisting conditions were most likely to die from this. The CDC didn't change anything some crack pot chiropractor is presenting info I'm a different way for attention and to try and discredit all this. Almost a third of the USA has diabetes or prediabetes so we can't act like preexisting conditions are some minor subset. 

So I have a morality hypothetical question that i will lay on you because you seem game. Based on the assumptions that Covid has been so devastating because the world’s population has no immunity to it AND that children and young adults have little or no symptoms, would you expose your children naturally, as is just go about life normally, knowing that if they are exposed, they would have some marker of immunity that will protect them for the remainder of their lives BUT at the risk of killing your parents? 

Too simplistic to really consider, as are most morality questions, but I cannot figure out who were trying to protect because the virus is here forever. 

• Plus1 1

20 minutes ago, krc1995 said:

I don't think it's new information or changes anything.  With almost any disease, it's a complex that kills, whether factors were present before or in some cases covid induced after contracting.  So it's not surprising that 94% are listed that way.  

4 minutes ago, Scarlet said:

Again, that's not what it means.  It's how the death certificate was filled out.  That number is "covid only" as written on the death certificate. 

If you have a manageable condition, diabetes, etc, and covid kills you, you probably will be listed with a comorbidity and thus not fall into the 10,000 death category. 

In fact, it appears you could be without a pre-existing condition, then contract covid, die from covid induced respiratory failure for instance, and the cause of death would not be listed as "covid only".  It could be listed as both.  It depends on how the death certificate is filled out.

This matters because people are now running around thinking the lethality is far less than it is.  That's not what this data shows.

Maybe we can’t use any data due to a lack of standardization in reporting that may threatened the validity of the numbers. 

and what planet was the CDC living on before this?  Seems they should have been more prepared. 

Just now, krc1995 said:

Maybe we can’t use any data due to a lack of standardization in reporting that may threatened the validity of the numbers. 

and what planet was the CDC living on before this?  Seems they should have been more prepared. 

It is pretty maddening.  And in the end is making our individual decisions tough to make.  

14 hours ago, UniversalMartin said:

Observationally, John Q. Public is becoming less and less worried about this, even knowing full well the risks...essentially it is becoming a "LEAVE BRITTNEY ALONE!!!!!" mantra and just plow ahead. I am fence riding on this as I get both sides, selfishly I want normalcy but cognitively strive for common sense...I guess this is where 'Merica is on the see-saw

you don't need to split % hairs to know that Covid threatens the elderly and those with health vulnerabilities in the heart and lungs.  That was signaled as early as the cruise ship outbreaks.  The middle class has decided that they prefer to accept the risk and go on with life.  Leaders need to accept that and spend their energy protecting the vulnerable instead of trying to brow beat the people.

• Plus1 3
  • Fire 1