Will There Be a 2020 Football Season?

Chances of a 2020 season?   

58 members have voted

1. 1. Chances of a 2020 season?

• Full 12 Game Schedule
    • Shortened Season
    • No Games Played

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/12/2020 at 06:09 PM

Just now, RedDenver said:

How is Nebraska able to practice if we have no games? Is it just a case of nobody is in charge anymore (e.g. NCAA)?

The NCAA said teams that are not playing this fall have 12 hours per week of team activities.  5 hours of practice and the rest is meetings and conditioning.

• Thanks 1
1 minute ago, Huskers93-97 said:

Is a scrimmage considered practice? Why not scrimmage against Ohio state ? 

I don't know if there has been a definite answer.  There was talk of holding a "spring game" in October but they weren't sure if that was a possibility or not.  I'm guessing not a scrimmage against another team, though.

11 minutes ago, Mavric said:

I don't know if there has been a definite answer.  There was talk of holding a "spring game" in October but they weren't sure if that was a possibility or not.  I'm guessing not a scrimmage against another team, though.

I am pretty sure if Nebraska had an internal draft. Created 2 husker teams and had a "scrimmage" every saturday. We would fill the stadium. 

41 minutes ago, Huskers93-97 said:

I am pretty sure if Nebraska had an internal draft. Created 2 husker teams and had a "scrimmage" every saturday. We would fill the stadium. 

I had the same thought.   I love that idea.   I also had a crazy idea of creating a bunch of 8 man football teams from our roster and playing a round robin tournament.   That would be fun.  

• Plus1 1
8 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

Good thread explaining the subject above. 

Saying that only 6% died from COVID-19 alone is basically like saying that no one has ever died from AIDS. Technically, AIDS doesn't kill you itself - it wrecks your immune system until it's unable to fight off other infections, and then those other infections kill you. The doctor will note both AIDS and the other infection(s) on the death report. But I think we can all agree that it would be stupid to say that no one has ever died just from AIDS - that's silly. It's technically true, but not very meaningful, and distracts from the real scope of the AIDS epidemic. It's the same thing with pushing that 6% figure - it's pedantic at best, and seriously disingenuous.

• Plus1 8
  • Fire 1