Will There Be a 2020 Football Season?

Chances of a 2020 season?   

58 members have voted

1. 1. Chances of a 2020 season?

• Full 12 Game Schedule
    • Shortened Season
    • No Games Played

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/12/2020 at 06:09 PM

5 minutes ago, hunter49 said:

unfortunately,  i agree.  one or two major illnesses will change everything, are we living on borrowed time?

this bug has the potential to decimate a population.  I fear that it will get far worse before it gets any better (I would love to be wrong about that) as this bug is incredibly contagious. 

8 minutes ago, GBRFAN said:

It also seems that as it mutates it has become less severe

I thought that too, but an epidemiologist I talked to said that's not likely why the death rate has gone down since it's happening globally. She thought it was more likely that health care has gotten better at diagnosing and treating the symptoms.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

I thought that too, but an epidemiologist I talked to said that's not likely why the death rate has gone down since it's happening globally. She thought it was more likely that health care has gotten better at diagnosing and treating the symptoms.

as it mutates it is more difficult to develop a vaccine that is effective.

37 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

It looks like we can have successful treatment of people who get COVID well before we get a vaccine preventing it. 

It's going to be messy for awhile, but this is good news. Especially if better preparedness reduces any seasonal spike. 

5 hours ago, RedDenver said:

Depends on how it mutates. The vast majority of virus mutations have little to no effect.

COVID-19 Will Mutate — What That Means for a Vaccine

could end up as a new variety of the flu, a different strain every year.....the flu kills thousands every year, not young kids so much, but from being passed on to the elderly and sick......it's the passing of the germ that never stops, but maybe with less serious side effects.

much is not yet known.....many think this is still part of the first wave, which still needs to play out.

17 hours ago, hunter49 said:

could end up as a new variety of the flu, a different strain every year.....the flu kills thousands every year, not young kids so much, but from being passed on to the elderly and sick......it's the passing of the germ that never stops, but maybe with less serious side effects.

much is not yet known.....many think this is still part of the first wave, which still needs to play out.

the fact that it mutates (like regular flu) means that a very effective vaccine is harder to come by......just like the flu shot you get every year, some years they miss the strain by a mile.......more deaths follow.

With everything we are seeing at this point I still can't see how this season is played. In the event it is, I think it will most likely be in empty stadiums. With pro sports looking to restart before the fall at least they can get an idea of how thing shake out with them before making a final decision.

• Plus1 1

I’m becoming less optimistic that the season will start on time, if at all. Our state did not move on in our phases and there is a lot of talk about going back down to phase 1.   Several local business voluntarily closed today for an unspecified time period. 

not sure if it’s National, but I read about legislation that will prevent student and employees from suing if they get Covid at work or school. I found that interesting. 

On 6/23/2020 at 9:57 AM, hunter49 said:

unfortunately,  i agree.  one or two major illnesses will change everything, are we living on borrowed time?

Agreed.  I just don't see there being a football season this year. I just don't.  Even though we all love the game and want football to happen (fans, coaches, players, networks, etc).