Will There Be a 2020 Football Season?

Chances of a 2020 season?   

58 members have voted

1. 1. Chances of a 2020 season?

• Full 12 Game Schedule
    • Shortened Season
    • No Games Played

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/12/2020 at 06:09 PM

Well dang, they locked the thread that was supposed to talk football, so now back to this one. I hope this applies. 

Baltimore Ravens Coach John Harbaugh is adding his two cents.

“I’ll throw a little controversy out there. This is my position, I say free the Big Ten,” Harbaugh said on Wednesday. “Free the Big Ten. Let’s go play some football. Let’s get Michigan and Ohio State and all those great teams playing some football out there.”

Harbaugh went on to cite Michigan’s testing data, which is as good as it can get during a four week span.

”Michigan had zero positive tests in August,” John Harbaugh said. “They’re doing a great job with their protocols and those guys want to play. For anybody that wants to opt out, they can. They can. Their families should have that choice just like the Southeast Conference gave the players and families that choice. And most of them, as you know, decided to play as a family. So, I think the Big Ten families and players should have that choice.”

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Fire 1
6 minutes ago, nic said:

Well dang, they locked the thread that was supposed to talk football, so now back to this one. I hope this applies. 

Baltimore Ravens Coach John Harbaugh is adding his two cents.

“I’ll throw a little controversy out there. This is my position, I say free the Big Ten,” Harbaugh said on Wednesday. “Free the Big Ten. Let’s go play some football. Let’s get Michigan and Ohio State and all those great teams playing some football out there.”

Harbaugh went on to cite Michigan’s testing data, which is as good as it can get during a four week span.

”Michigan had zero positive tests in August,” John Harbaugh said. “They’re doing a great job with their protocols and those guys want to play. For anybody that wants to opt out, they can. They can. Their families should have that choice just like the Southeast Conference gave the players and families that choice. And most of them, as you know, decided to play as a family. So, I think the Big Ten families and players should have that choice.”

I always thought Harbaugh was an asshat but I guess he just changed my mind. Go Ravens

I've been reading this guys stuff on twitter. He's a cardiologist from London and he's been great at talking about the Myocarditis issue. He's even had sit-downs with the authors of the JAMA Myocarditis Study the B1G referenced. He and the Authors agreed that the study should not have been used as a reason to cancel sports of anytime. And young healthy people should not be worried about suddenly being hit by a heart issue due to Covid. 

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 1
43 minutes ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

I've been reading this guys stuff on twitter. He's a cardiologist from London and he's been great at talking about the Myocarditis issue. He's even had sit-downs with the authors of the JAMA Myocarditis Study the B1G referenced. He and the Authors agreed that the study should not have been used as a reason to cancel sports of anytime. And young healthy people should not be worried about suddenly being hit by a heart issue due to Covid. 

That study was the cover.  Without it, the Deans would simply have grabbed one of 10,000 other articles to justify their decision.

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 2
6 minutes ago, Notre Dame Joe said:

That study was the cover.  Without it, the Deans would simply have grabbed one of 10,000 other articles to justify their decision.

I think there is a simpler explanation. Hell the Cardiologist I referenced said as much, the reaction by the B1G is understandable, you see a study indicating healthy people could have major hurdles due to heart issues post covid - it will give you pause. B1G certainly jumped the gun on a decision though, luckily there is time to reverse. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, WyoHusker56 said:

You can always hope he's right. 

So, presuming nine vote to play and five vote no, what do you do, as a conference, with those five schools? Allow them to opt out? Force them to play? If they opt out, what does the schedule look like?  And what happens if, say, Illinois says they want to play now, but they decide later not to? 

This source is not legit at all and I’m very skeptical that Rutgers is in.

but If the power 4 are playing minus a handful of dress wearing big 10 teams and the lame pac12, that would be a crushing blow to Minnesota.

Now if a couple of schools like Minnesota opt out, are they going to get media wrath for not going along like Nebraska got? 

• Plus1 3
32 minutes ago, knapplc said:

So, presuming nine vote to play and five vote no, what do you do, as a conference, with those five schools? Allow them to opt out? Force them to play? If they opt out, what does the schedule look like?  And what happens if, say, Illinois says they want to play now, but they decide later not to? 

Same as not allowing schools to rogue on their own schedule? No idea, but it'd be interesting to find out.