Will There Be a 2020 Football Season?

Chances of a 2020 season?   

58 members have voted

1. 1. Chances of a 2020 season?

• Full 12 Game Schedule
    • Shortened Season
    • No Games Played

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/12/2020 at 06:09 PM

1 hour ago, Crusader Husker said:

Infection is gone, but still dealing with wound care because the whole thing blistered and opened up.  My infectious disease DR. wouldn't say it was directly related to Covid, but maybe. (If he would say it was a result of Covid the insurance company would write the whole ting off)  Indirectly yes, because no one would see me.  It was a wake up call.  I have been eating right and well and I have lost 20+ pounds already.  I am going to make 6 weeks of hell stand for something.

Kudos to you man for taking a positive out of this.  Keep up the healthy habits, it'll feel great and pay off tenfold in the longterm!!

• Plus1 1
10 minutes ago, knapplc said:

As we've seen the past few weeks, these denials are not always worth the paper they're printed on, but I have no reason to doubt Carter or Green.

I thought it was interesting that Dan Patrick said all his usual sources are not saying anything on this. No idea if that's good or bad, but I don't imagine the ADs or President's are going to come out and say oh ya we're meeting/voting/etc. That'd be like Moos confirming he talked to Frost during the season when he was hired. It doesn't mean anything is happening either, but I don't think them denying it can be taken for much they'd deny it either way.

6 minutes ago, WyoHusker56 said:

I thought it was interesting that Dan Patrick said all his usual sources are not saying anything on this. No idea if that's good or bad, but I don't imagine the ADs or President's are going to come out and say oh ya we're meeting/voting/etc. That'd be like Moos confirming he talked to Frost during the season when he was hired. It doesn't mean anything is happening either, but I don't think them denying it can be taken for much they'd deny it either way.

Lots of people saying there is gonna be vote....then again many people saying there isn't gonna be a vote. So many contradicting reports.

8 minutes ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

Lots of people saying there is gonna be vote....then again many people saying there isn't gonna be a vote. So many contradicting reports.

Yup and no one seems to be backing off their reporting either way. That's why I think it's so interesting that Dan Patrick said all the people who usually are sources or made available aren't talking right now. Regardless of what they are trying to do they are trying to keep it quiet and it's making the reports inconsistent.

9 minutes ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

Maybe they're voting on whether or not to have a vote to finally vote on whether or not to have a vote to vote on having a season?

• Haha 5
12 minutes ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

They will "vote" if they think they enough support. if they don't there will not be another vote. no way they can have ANOTHER vote where football is not allowed. 

• Plus1 2

17 minutes ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

It wouldn't surprise me if people at OSU are leaking stuff.  They are more pissed than the Huskers.  They think this is their year.  They seem to let Nebraska carry the water for them.  This is pure speculation on my part.

• Plus1 3

Remember the adage:   no news is usually good news.   But, in a case where “leaks” are as fake as most of the news each day, it  really is impossible to draw any conclusions at all.  

I remain very doubtful.  The Big Ten powers that made this mess are academic elites who typically have the mindset that they are smarter than almost everybody else, especially the average joes and janes that love football and sports generally.  

Are there 6 of the 11 no voters really willing to admit they were wrong on something this important?   Thats a bunch!   Is there anything that has changed that much in the past few weeks?  Not really.  

The lawsuit may reveal something that is quite troubling about Council activities but then it may not be directly relevant to the questions being reconsidered.  If some members voted NO without truly realizing the negative fallout and naively expected a joinder in cancellation by SEC and ACC, then that could change a few minds   But 6 is more than a few.  

• Plus1 2