Will There Be a 2020 Football Season?

Chances of a 2020 season?   

58 members have voted

1. 1. Chances of a 2020 season?

• Full 12 Game Schedule
    • Shortened Season
    • No Games Played

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/12/2020 at 06:09 PM

7 hours ago, Crusader Husker said:

It was OK.  Even being 52 and diabetic, I have had colds worse.  However I ended up having a leg infection that got really bad.  It got bad because no DR. office will let you in until 30 to 45 days after symptoms are gone.  Did an online visit and the antibiotics didn't help.  That put me in the hospital.  If you know anyone with a Covid diagnosis and they have other health issue, the only place that will see you is the emergency room.

3 hours ago, Crusader Husker said:

Infection is gone, but still dealing with wound care because the whole thing blistered and opened up.  My infectious disease DR. wouldn't say it was directly related to Covid, but maybe. (If he would say it was a result of Covid the insurance company would write the whole ting off)  Indirectly yes, because no one would see me.  It was a wake up call.  I have been eating right and well and I have lost 20+ pounds already.  I am going to make 6 weeks of hell stand for something.

That is quite an ordeal and I hope you recover fully.  Did they explain how Covid could have been related to a leg infection?

59 minutes ago, Mavric said:

They're not going to actually vote unless they know they have 9.

Word on the street is that NU, tOSU, IA, IN, Wisc, Mich and PSU are all in, while MSU, NW, MD, Rutgers and IL are not in favor of playing in October.  MN and Purdue are the 2 schools on the fence and are being pushed very hard to say yes, as well schools like MSU and IL being pushed very hard to flip to from no to yes.

Supposedly having a vote sometime tomorrow afternoon.

Take it FWIW

• Plus1 1
8 minutes ago, Notre Dame Joe said:

That is quite an ordeal and I hope you recover fully.  Did they explain how Covid could have been related to a leg infection?

My immunity may have been low.  It was cellulitis that I had.  It went from 0 to a 100 really fast.  I have had it many times before.  Had an IV for it once int he emergency room.  This time I was on IV antibiotics for a little over 3 weeks.  I had a PICC line in at home and had to do an IV every 6 hours.  My wife is a saint for being my "nurse" for almost 2 weeks.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, RedSavage said:

Word on the street is that NU, tOSU, IA, IN, Wisc, Mich and PSU are all in, while MSU, NW, MD, Rutgers and IL are not in favor of playing in October.  MN and Purdue are the 2 schools on the fence and are being pushed very hard to say yes, as well schools like MSU and IL being pushed very hard to flip to from no to yes.

Take it FWIW

This seems to line up with what Sip said earlier about 7 teams being in and they need 9. This needs to get leaked so fan bases and donors can put some pressure on the 9 who aren't in, ha. 

37 minutes ago, RedSavage said:

Take it FWIW

Gotta love Maryland, Rutgers, Northwestern and Illinois deciding if Nebraska, Ohio St, Michigan and Penn St can play football...

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 3

3 minutes ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

Gotta love Maryland, Rutgers, Northwestern and Illinois deciding if Nebraska, Ohio St, Michigan and Penn St can play football...

Yeah, that is bizarre. I'd rather see a vote on "should each school be allowed to decide when to play?" - I'm sure the ones that don't want to play now don't want to be left out later, but if they have the information on testing and protocols now or soon that's no reason to prevent the others from playing. 

• Thanks 1