Will There Be a 2020 Football Season?

Chances of a 2020 season?   

58 members have voted

1. 1. Chances of a 2020 season?

• Full 12 Game Schedule
    • Shortened Season
    • No Games Played

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/12/2020 at 06:09 PM

14 hours ago, Bledred said:

I know this is a joke but...  just another national media instance of making Nebraska look like a bunch of morons who live in cornfields and drive around in tractors.  National perception of our state is already crap before this guy came long. 

This is actually a great video on the front of cool internet. literally nothing to do with national perception of nebraska.

Are you sure you're not thinking of the videos of larry the cable guy and frost driving around? take a look at his twitter and tell me its not embarrassing 

9 minutes ago, internetman said:

This is actually a great video on the front of cool internet. literally nothing to do with national perception of nebraska.

Are you sure you're not thinking of the videos of larry the cable guy and frost driving around? take a look at his twitter and tell me its not embarrassing 

This is the s#!t we're gonna be arguing about without husker football this fall. 

'I can't believe Frost was wearing the half zip in that interview, everyone knows the quarter zip is the superior zip'

• Haha 1

Not sure which of the many threads this might fit best but if somebody knows:

What rules (big ten or NCAA) govern the limits on practices (number, lengths of time, pads, etc)?

I ask because I am wondering about whether the Big Ten can have practices this fall and then also in Jan - Apr in this spring if the season is actually played then.

It seems to me that SEC and Big 12 would complain if Big Ten tries to have any more practices during a ‘season’ (jan - mar) than is allowed to teams playing this fall.  

I know there are limits to practices year round.   It seems like spring football wouldnt allow for more than a six week period?   Cant get many games in a six or seven week spring football session, can you?

• Plus1 2
4 hours ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

This is the s#!t we're gonna be arguing about without husker football this fall. 

'I can't believe Frost was wearing the half zip in that interview, everyone knows the quarter zip is the superior zip'

im ready for the frost needs at least 5 more years take......  .500 record is not his fault. its the covid. thats gonna be the ticket.

On 9/3/2020 at 9:19 AM, FrantzHardySwag said:

The NCAA, the B1G (any P5 conference), the Athletics Departments - are so top heavy with senior officials making six figures+, its crazy they weren't meeting everyday since March to figure this out - at the very least to keep and justify their bloated salaries. The lack of preparation is just mind blowing.

Then again the NCAA just furloughed everyone except senior management, so the top isn't really worried about their cut. 

Fun Fact: The top 11 employees at the NCAA make a combined 10.5 mil a year. 

In a perfect college sports world the NCAA would not exist.  Each conference would enforce its own rules based on federal law.  If they violate the law the FBI would get involved.  Cut out the middle man taking a massive payout.  All the Universities that currently send millions to the NCAA to keep its doors open would keep that money. 

• Haha 1
  • Fire 1
9 hours ago, Bledred said:

And you misunderstand how advertising works on the internet.  This guy will be in a small box at the bottom or side of websites all across the internet for the rest of our lives and the caption will read...."You will never guess what this Nebraskan said at a city council meeting!".

This video was shared with me by people who don't even know I'm from Nebraska. Everyone actually loves this guy. It's good fun. 

8 hours ago, GSG said:

So tailgates and wings = cornfields and tractors? 

But seriously,

WHO

THE

f#&%

CARES

When I moved to the West Coast for a short time, I had to deal with a massive redneck stereotype just from being born and raised in Nebraska.  I was legit asked if we still rode horses to get around in Nebraska by someone who had a Masters Degree.  Someone said "oh" in a good way when they asked where I was from...then realized that I said Nebraska and not Alaska and then said "oh" in a bad way.  The list goes on and on.  I am willing to bet I am not alone. A long haired man making a mockery of our governance does not disparage this stereotype.  

I was born in Omaha and have lived in Nebraska for 38 years, living in Grand Island and Kearney and have resided in Lincoln for 17 years now.  I have been to Husker football games going back to the early 90s.  Worked in cornfields for 5 years with family owning hundreds of acres of farmland north of Lincoln.  I am more Nebraskan than most here could ever dream of, especially compared to some larp living in freaking colorado.

• Haha 2
  • Fire 1