Will There Be a 2020 Football Season?

Chances of a 2020 season?   

58 members have voted

1. 1. Chances of a 2020 season?

• Full 12 Game Schedule
    • Shortened Season
    • No Games Played

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/12/2020 at 06:09 PM

Hold on. Now the Pac 12 believes new testing capabilities can bring sports back this calendar year, calling it a literal game-changer.

Almost unthinkable the Big 10 would stand alone on this. Pac 12 will give them all the cover they need. 

https://tucson.com/sports/arizonawildcats/rapid-covid-19-testing-deemed-game-changer-for-pac-12-but-when-will-actual-games/article_dab41faa-d53d-507c-a55b-f08566c3ecc8.html

16 hours ago, Bledred said:

When I moved to the West Coast for a short time, I had to deal with a massive redneck stereotype just from being born and raised in Nebraska.  I was legit asked if we still rode horses to get around in Nebraska by someone who had a Masters Degree.  Someone said "oh" in a good way when they asked where I was from...then realized that I said Nebraska and not Alaska and then said "oh" in a bad way.  The list goes on and on.  I am willing to bet I am not alone. A long haired man making a mockery of our governance does not disparage this stereotype.  

I was born in Omaha and have lived in Nebraska for 38 years, living in Grand Island and Kearney and have resided in Lincoln for 17 years now.  I have been to Husker football games going back to the early 90s.  Worked in cornfields for 5 years with family owning hundreds of acres of farmland north of Lincoln.  I am more Nebraskan than most here could ever dream of, especially compared to some larp living in freaking colorado.

Weird, my family moved from Nebraska out to the Bay Area in the 80s and this never happened once.

perhaps u had it coming given your proclivity to boast about your acres of land and misguided hot takes.

• Plus1 8

While I have lived in Nebraska my entire life, I've never regarded it as a contest of fealty or of length of time vs. others, but rather an affirmation of our many adopted transplants adding numbers to Husker Nation. One measure of this respect is the sheer numbers of Ex-players who end up remaining in the state and calling it home.

Over years of travel, the few disparaging comments I've heard were mostly offered in jest and were far outnumbered by positive commentary referencing the athletic program, and often led to shared libations and in some cases, long-term friendships. 

We can't be defined by a few large egos with a national platform trolling for clicks.

Actually, it's true our lackluster on -the field performance over the last 20 years has made us somewhat irrelevant but ironically, our current unified message now in taking the lead against the Big Ten hierarchy, I believe is turning that image around to a positive one. Now we need to back it up on the field.

• Plus1 2

3 hours ago, WyoHusker56 said:

The lack of leaks on this process is amazing to me. It's part of why SirYacht has has the following he has, no one is saying anything. We had more leaks leading up to the cancellation then we've had so far. 

I don't actually believe anything is going on, that's why there are no leaks. As Frantz just pointed out, Frost says there has been no communication.to coaches.  Moos is bearish on fall and expects a try in the spring.  I'd love to be wrong but it feels they are just sitting around and hoping the rest have to cancel, which they aren't going to.

A buddy of mine thinks Sir Yacht had someone bet him he couldn't get Trump to retweet him, and here we are.  :lol:

• Thanks 1
19 hours ago, Bledred said:

When I moved to the West Coast for a short time, I had to deal with a massive redneck stereotype just from being born and raised in Nebraska.  I was legit asked if we still rode horses to get around in Nebraska by someone who had a Masters Degree.  Someone said "oh" in a good way when they asked where I was from...then realized that I said Nebraska and not Alaska and then said "oh" in a bad way.  The list goes on and on.  I am willing to bet I am not alone. A long haired man making a mockery of our governance does not disparage this stereotype.  

I was born in Omaha and have lived in Nebraska for 38 years, living in Grand Island and Kearney and have resided in Lincoln for 17 years now.  I have been to Husker football games going back to the early 90s.  Worked in cornfields for 5 years with family owning hundreds of acres of farmland north of Lincoln.  I am more Nebraskan than most here could ever dream of, especially compared to some larp living in freaking colorado.

Please let me read 100 more Roundball Shaman stories before ever having to read something as nonsensical as this again.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 5

As much as I want football - at this point, it's a wasted argument.

Parents suing the B1G is going to take longer in court than the next football season coming.  If they win their case against the B1G, they'll just appeal it, and it will be September 2021 by the time it comes back up.

Let's be real here - if the B1G found a way to have sports and NOT be held liable (a/k/a school presidents don't want the individual schools to be liable) if something happens when they've given the thumbs up to play sports - we'd already have played games.

When they cancelled the NCAA Tourney and the CWS, it was the proverbial nail in the coffin for the football season.

Josh and John, USC, mentioned that if the Board of Regents didn’t converse with University Presidents, then some heads could roll at a high level. I thought that was a pretty interesting avenue of thought. 

They thought that with BOR being elected, they would govern what the University President does and if they weren’t consulted- and how could they have been-then either the Presidents didn’t realize they were voting or they voted out of turn. 

Still do not understand what a Chancellor does, but I think they are elected so maybe that’s the check and balance. 

I dont think the cancellation of BB last march has anything to do with fb at Big Ten now.  They are playing fb at many places across the country now.  

Frankly, the Big Ten made a mess because it failed to plan and failed to follow basic operational processes and procedures and common sense.  

Had Special K been on the job and doing his job well, the Council would have been informed, would have informed and consulted with the important and concerned parties.    A rash decision without discussion and information.  No public input and then a game of hide the ball and ‘no comment’.  

As far as I am aware, for example, neither the Big Ten Board nor Special K has taken the time to have a presser or answer questions.  They have not met with  ADs, Coaches, Regents, or anybody.  They refuse to respond openly to the Court.  

Why?   Bad management.  Whether the decision was right or wrong, the public is their constituency!   People’s entire lives, fortunes, careers, jobs and communities are dramatically being impacted.  

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 1