Will There Be a 2020 Football Season?

Chances of a 2020 season?   

58 members have voted

1. 1. Chances of a 2020 season?

• Full 12 Game Schedule
    • Shortened Season
    • No Games Played

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/12/2020 at 06:09 PM

The school canceled football for the season FWIW. So he caught it from either class but more than likely.. somewhere else. Would he have been safer under a structured protocol and proper S&C/Diet? Potentially. These cases are emotional but they are not even close to the norm. From what I’ve seen this is the first college student to pass away from Covid this semester. 

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1
14 minutes ago, krc1995 said:

As sad as this is, I do not believe that he caught Covid from playing football.  I think it's misleading to post this is the 2020 will there be football thread.  

A college football player dying from covid definitely matters regardless of whether or not he contradicted it from playing football. It's evidence against the idea that only old people are dying from covid and that college-age football players won't be affected by the virus.

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Fire 1
7 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

A college football player dying from covid definitely matters regardless of whether or not he contradicted it from playing football. It's evidence against the idea that only old people are dying from covid and that college-age football players won't be affected by the virus.

It is evidence that none of those kids should be on campus...

But school presidents won't vote on that.

• Plus1 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Fire 2
27 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

Belongs in the Covid thread then. He did not contract the virus from playing football. As I said before- this is misleading. 

of course it was just a post of other posts without accompanying commentary so I guess I’m not sure why it’s here.   

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 7

11 hours ago, admo said:

Speaking of he ACC...

Pound for pound, let's trade Rutgers and Maryland for Boston College and Pitt.

So you can get lose more games and stuck in a flash flood of fair weather fans?

5 hours ago, teachercd said:

It is evidence that none of those kids should be on campus...

But school presidents won't vote on that.

It's one piece of evidence that cancelling the football season did not make them safer. 

• Plus1 3

1 hour ago, flatwaterfan said:

It could happen but at least you will get good reasons for what/why they will be doing and that they at least made an attempt.   Transparency goes a long way. 

And maybe if the vote is no, vote on why the yes schools can’t play outside of the conference for one season. 

• Plus1 2
1 hour ago, krc1995 said:

And maybe if the vote is no, vote on why the yes schools can’t play outside of the conference for one season. 

This is where I get confused.  I get the idea all for one and one for all, but that usually pertains to the idea that we are team/collective unit and we are fighting against a cause that can be won, if we stick together.  So lets say Michigan says no, then why would it matter to Michigan and the B10 that Nebraska and Ohio State play some out of conference games?  I guess this brings us back to the "control" narrative, which is frustrating on so many levels. 

• Plus1 2