Will There Be a 2020 Football Season?

Chances of a 2020 season?   

58 members have voted

1. 1. Chances of a 2020 season?

• Full 12 Game Schedule
    • Shortened Season
    • No Games Played

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/12/2020 at 06:09 PM

The NFL debuted last night. It looked and sounded like football. Worked for me. 

Again, I don't see how you can have football on TV four nights a week, and on high school fields every Friday, and the Big 10 sitting on the sidelines insisting they made the right call. Again, I think the call was defensible in the moment. But everyone else on Earth is working overtime to adapt as things change, and it's not a bad quality. 

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, Omaha fan said:

This can be laid squarely at the feet of Kevin Warren and mark Schlissel. 

One is in over his head and trying to be a Thought leader national hero in getting college football cancelled with terrible data, little to no input and a ridiculous understAnding of time. He wanted to be first and have everyone follow, patting him on the back until he takes over the nfl.

Mr Schlissel, sure brilliant man and stodgy blue blood Michigan man elitist. He could care less about sports and is all about making Michigan and the big 10 more Ivy League like.

I knew his pic would look like before I even looked it up. Only thing missing are those stupid patch things on his elbows

Of course he is from New York and educated at princeton and worked at brown before Michigan.  He may have never touched a football, let alone watched a game. Typical Elitest regular guy hater. Under his direction. Michigan now has the highest tuition of any public university- yes they want that elite snob tag and proudly wear it. 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mark_Schlissel

dude. you might need to take a break from the internet for a bit. its going to be ok. 

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 2
3 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

Again, I don't see how you can have football on TV four nights a week, and on high school fields every Friday, and the Big 10 sitting on the sidelines insisting they made the right call. Again, I think the call was defensible in the moment. But everyone else on Earth is working overtime to adapt as things change, and it's not a bad quality. 

I think how it was originally done was horrible and wasn't planned out well. What really frustrates me is that it sure seems like they are unable (or unwilling) to adjust their decision as new information comes out.  It's like the are bound and determined to prove they were originally right about things...when they should be adjusting as they go.

• Plus1 2
16 minutes ago, Undone said:

Honestly I think it would be pretty awesome to just watch them sit out. Who really GAF?

The first year we hosted Michigan State had several of their fans tailgate with us. Their mantra was that we should hate Michigan lol. On and on about the Michigan man thing, snobs, elitists, some of it was pretty vile and the worst was from a 70 year old woman lol. Every group had the same thing to say. 

Spent a ton of time in Michigan last 3 years, one of my kids in school there. Grand Rapids, east Lansing, much much different vibe than Ann Arbor, night and day. Like their coach, not the school or President. 

• Plus1 2

2 hours ago, Omaha fan said:

Harbaugh is a great guy, he’s good for the game and he loves football. I’ve met him, he took time out of what he was doing on the fly, jumped in and helped a bunch of coaches there on a Saturday, ran drills with our kids and gave us a tour of the locker room and cafeteria. Modest and unassuming regular guy. 

Glad you had a good interaction with him. He's usually good with players and coaches and parents and fans, but the dude has a history of wearing down everyone who employs him.  He's a good coach and good for the game, but he's an odd duck with a self-destructive side. 

• Fire 1
21 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

Unfortunately some people would rather go down with their ship, Ignore new and better data, make excuses and root like hell for hiccups.

Then blow the hiccups Up to be much more than they are so you can be right about canceling football? Are they all really that dumb? are they just doubling down and doing the never admit you’re wrong thing? Or are there other motives ? 

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1
8 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

Glad you had a good interaction with him. He's usually good with players and coaches and parents and fans, but the dude has a history of wearing down everyone who employs him.  He's a good coach and good for the game, but he's an odd duck with a self-destructive side. 

Speaking of Harbaugh, whatever happened after he accused Ohio State of cheating recently?   If I understood the report right. 

11 minutes ago, Omaha fan said:

The first year we hosted Michigan State had several of their fans tailgate with us. Their mantra was that we should hate Michigan lol. On and on about the Michigan man thing, snobs, elitists, some of it was pretty vile and the worst was from a 70 year old woman lol. Every group had the same thing to say. 

Spent a ton of time in Michigan last 3 years, one of my kids in school there. Grand Rapids, east Lansing, much much different vibe than Ann Arbor, night and day. Like their coach, not the school or President. 

tenor.gif?itemid=15673762

22 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

I think how it was originally done was horrible and wasn't planned out well. What really frustrates me is that it sure seems like they are unable (or unwilling) to adjust their decision as new information comes out.  It's like the are bound and determined to prove they were originally right about things...when they should be adjusting as they go.

The type of people who become university presidents have a very hard time admitting that they were wrong even in the face of new information. They are really smart people, but they also have a really big hubris.

• Plus1 1

1 minute ago, jaws said:

It sounds like we all agree that Michigan sucks. Can we get a Michigan sucks emoji on this site?

They sure aren't making many friends through this process.  I also believe this will really hurt their recruiting for years to come as well.  Who wants to go play football at a university that has anti-football leadership?

3 minutes ago, WyoHusker56 said:

I mean the B1G isn't even trying at this point. The PAC12 has a partnership, the Big 12 has one, NU went and got their own. The B1G has some of the best medical campuses in the country and they can't partner with someone for testing to get sports going?

Especially when UNMC is one of the best infectious disease hospitals in the nation.  

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 2

A little off Topic, but I just got off the phone with my brother living in the home town of Ferris State Univ. Div2. They are not playing football, but the kids are all back on campus in the dorms, frats and other housing taking 90% online classes, except things like labs. Do you think theY wanted the room and board money? :dunnoUnbelievable. If it’s anything like my kids doing half time high school, they spend little time doing school on off days and go hang with friends anyway, but whatever.