Will There Be a 2020 Football Season?

Chances of a 2020 season?   

58 members have voted

1. 1. Chances of a 2020 season?

• Full 12 Game Schedule
    • Shortened Season
    • No Games Played

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/12/2020 at 06:09 PM

15 hours ago, ColoradoHusk said:

I also find the “I don’t use my place of employment to impact social issues” argument lame, as well. Do most people’s employment get televised across millions of people all over the world? I know mine doesn’t.

I applaud these athletes for taking advantage of their exposure and status in the public for trying to make society better. These athletes have a “voice” which others don’t have. 

Does zoom count? haha 

44 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

Exactly. This season is not about winning games or leagues or championships. It's about players not getting screwed on their next level aspirations and for teams to not lose a full season of game experience. That's it imo. The season already has a huge asterisk on it.

I find this funny.  Sure, I can go with this.....but, if we start in October and plant 8-10 games and  go un-defeated, FU, this season meant something.  

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 2

14 minutes ago, krc1995 said:

I booked my embassy suites hotel rooms for every weekend starting in Mid Oct to after Thanksgiving for approx 140/night.  Just on speculation. 

Ok, I’ve thought about booking some of these, but, we don’t know when the home games will be or if fans can go.  

So, just hang out in bars all day like @teachercd?

Try here was a time in my life I would have been all over this. ....but.....

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Just curious, but how was the kneeling during the national anthem “disgracing our veterans” when that form of “protest” was recommended to Kaepernick and others by a U.S. military veteran?

Those players weren’t protesting the anthem or the flag, they were giving a show of protest “during” the anthem. That’s the key difference.  

Just because it was reccomend by a veteran doesn't mean he speaks for all veterans. 

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 8

8 is not enough for a playoff.  If fans are not admitted or they play in domes (I dont think the domes will be available but?).  the fiscal loss will still be huge.  That will be about half of TV $ probably and no ticket or concession $.  Bowl games are out as season goes well into December so no bowl bucks.  With all the penalties $ costs, Big Ten and members still take big losses in all likelihood.   

It is all so dumb they couldnt even put a spring schedule in place after 4 months !   Just sickening.  These people are all PhDs and get million dollar pay.  Kevin has only one dam job and we get nothing for his $4 million!   

• Thanks 2
  • Fire 1
10 minutes ago, 84HuskerLaw said:

8 is not enough for a playoff. 

A win-win case scenario for us. We still get to play a season and lose nothing (as we weren't making it this year). Yet the B1G still looks poor for their handling of all this (and in turn us) as it still caused a short season.

• Fire 1