Will There Be a 2020 Football Season?

Chances of a 2020 season?   

58 members have voted

1. 1. Chances of a 2020 season?

• Full 12 Game Schedule
    • Shortened Season
    • No Games Played

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/12/2020 at 06:09 PM

Still all just rumors.  Maybe they fired Warren already so therefore no public statements or pressers.  I find it amazingly difficult to explain the Big Ten’s total silence thru all of this.  I would have fired him long ago based on what we dont know.  lol.  If the Board directed his actions this way then the Regents need to fire some Presidents.  

If the Big Ten ignored the Court orders, another mess is coming.  

Football or not, the lawsuits are happening.  What about the other sports?   A total fiasco.  

• Plus1 2

2 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

I find this funny.  Sure, I can go with this.....but, if we start in October and plant 8-10 games and  go un-defeated, FU, this season meant something.  

Well of course, it's going to mean something to any team that does well. But in reality we all know whatever happens has been heavily influenced by many factors that are not usually at play in determining who the best teams really are. That places a big ol' asterisk on the season no matter how it turns out.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
20 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

Well of course, it's going to mean something to any team that does well. But in reality we all know whatever happens has been heavily influenced by many factors that are not usually at play in determining who the best teams really are. That places a big ol' asterisk on the season no matter how it turns out.

So, if we go undefeated, we not only defeated every team.  But also kicked a f#&%ing pandemics a$$ too better than any other program. 

I’m cool with that. 

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 2

47 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

So, if we go undefeated, we not only defeated every team.  But also kicked a f#&%ing pandemics a$$ too better than any other program. 

I’m cool with that. 

I agree. But I am also quite certain that result would not elicit the same praise and respect from around the country as if it were a normal season. My point is, everyone has an excuse and a ready explanation as to why this is less than a normal season. Of course any fan will celebrate their team triumphing. Just imagine if it is Iowa and not Nebraska that goes undefeated. Pretty sure they would not garner the kudos a feat like that would normally generate. But enough of this positioning hypotheticals, I just want to see us get in something approaching a full schedule and come out on the other side better for it.

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 1
33 minutes ago, krc1995 said:

so now they decide to discuss it.  I guess Warren got learnt 

lol.   I would say it seems like Special K has learned nothing.  Big Ten must be in serious du-du.  No action on anything after nearly a month.  No spring plans; no fall plans, no winter.  No FB.  hell they dont have a VB plan.  lol

I dont think they have Board mtgs. No minutes.  Lost their by laws apparently.  E mails lost.  Cell phones broke.  Maybe lost the leasehold on their offices.  lol

• Haha 3
  • Fire 1
3 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

Ok, I’ve thought about booking some of these, but, we don’t know when the home games will be or if fans can go.  

So, just hang out in bars all day like @teachercd?

Try here was a time in my life I would have been all over this. ....but.....

We bar hop, usually, and then when the game starts we usually stay at one spot.  If it is lame or other friends are at another spot we will take off at halftime and meet them.

I get bar ADD...I need to check out a lot of places.

• Haha 1
10 minutes ago, Undone said:

I love the arguing over the meaning of an undefeated season that not only wouldn’t happen if we actually played the games but also probably won’t happen because the season itself probably won’t happen.

:waste

I would be very surprised if we don't play this fall after the recent developments.  Why do you think it probably won't happen?