Will There Be a 2020 Football Season?

Chances of a 2020 season?   

58 members have voted

1. 1. Chances of a 2020 season?

• Full 12 Game Schedule
    • Shortened Season
    • No Games Played

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/12/2020 at 06:09 PM

I lied I am just going to keep this crap coming until someone cries uncle. :stir

“The people who spoke on the condition of anonymity reiterated that reliable, rapid testing has played a critical role and helped turn the tide in the favor of trying to play this year,” writes Jeff Potrykus of the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel.

Oct. 17 is reportedly the target date the Big Ten has in mind for the start of the 2020 football season. That would allow teams at least three weeks to prepare and give the each school the flexibility to play eight games over nine weeks prior to the conference championship game, which could be on Dec. 20.

Wisconsin athletic director Barry Alvarez has been one of the people within the Big Ten who has been vocal about wanting the league to change its decision. Alvarez recently told Yahoo Sports that he and Badgers head coach Paul Chrystare both comfortable with three weeks of training camp before starting the season in the near future.

49 minutes ago, knapplc said:

If the COC/P use any excuse other than the best science available today for their decision, including "I'm not happy about leaks or being criticized," they should get their pants sued off and lose their jobs.

Agree.  COPC should be more transparent and forward thinking.   I think their egos are bruised for good reason and every game that's played in Sept by SEC/ACC/B12 makes them look bad. 

• Plus1 1

51 minutes ago, knapplc said:

If the COC/P use any excuse other than the best science available today for their decision, including "I'm not happy about leaks or being criticized," they should get their pants sued off and lose their jobs.

Tom Mars tweeted about another report along these lines and it should technically disqualify them from voting based on the B1G bylaws (Mars had a copy at one point).

19 minutes ago, WyoHusker56 said:

Tom Mars tweeted about another report along these lines and it should technically disqualify them from voting based on the B1G bylaws (Mars had a copy at one point).

The old saying “if you can’t stand the heat, get out of the kitchen!” seems apt here.   Somehow these Bd members have the idea they can serve in a public office without being public in their activities.  They reasonably can have some private discussions about confidential matters (HIPPA, personnel, and similar items, but actions taken and votes cast respecting membership, public dealings, public business matters, etc are public.  The public has a right to know.  Stop hiding in the closet and concealing your conduct and do your jobs.  

A 2.5 hr ‘meeting’ is hardly enough time to seriously discuss, debate, learn and figure out a detailed plan for fall sports or winter or spring.  This is a very complicated and detail filled matter.  Not a good sign imo.  I still think they are split

3 or more ways and none have 9 votes for anything at this point.  

• Plus1 5
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Undone said:

I love the arguing over the meaning of an undefeated season that not only wouldn’t happen if we actually played the games but also probably won’t happen because the season itself probably won’t happen.

:waste

I didn't say we were going to go undefeated.  You just did to my post what you accuse me of doing.  Thinking I'm saying something I'm not.

I simply was throwing out an example of what would cause fans to think the season meant more than what they claim it will right now.