Will There Be a 2020 Football Season?

Chances of a 2020 season?   

58 members have voted

1. 1. Chances of a 2020 season?

• Full 12 Game Schedule
    • Shortened Season
    • No Games Played

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/12/2020 at 06:09 PM

22 minutes ago, WyoHusker56 said:

I swear if Rutgers screws this up for us...

Alvarez was quoted as saying they could be ready in as little as 3 weeks and he wasn't worried about the current pause in athletics. So, I don't think Wisconsin would be out. Rutgers is obviously the worthless program here, which we knew.

But here’s the problem, the AD has zero decision making power. And probably that’s right. Inconvenient, but right 

• Plus1 1
27 minutes ago, Norhusker said:

I don't doubt this based on their bylaws. 60% vote needed or 9 schools to move forward.

Looks like NU, Iowa, Wisc., Ohio State  , Penn State, Purdue, and Indiana are in.

MSU, and Maryland are out according to sources. Making that assumption right now.

Illinois,  Northwestern, Minnesota, Michigan , Rutgers are ???

No idea how this will go. If they vote no , then I see a major $hit show of angry fans from the schools who want to play and some lawsuits to boot.

If I was guessing on pure speculation:

Vote yes to play: Nebraska, Iowa, Wisconsin, Ohio State, Penn State, Purdue, Indiana, Illinois

Vote no to play: MSU, Michigan, Maryland, Rutgers, Northwestern

Deciding vote comes to MN and it seems like they have been leaning toward not playing. 

When they announced the shut down Fleck and the Gophers played good boy and said they fully supported. Not sure if that was just to show conference unity or a directive from the upper brass at Minnesota. 

44 minutes ago, Mavric said:

What you have here is exactly what you try to avoid when setting up any organization that is ruled by voting of a body.  You NEVER make it have to be unanimous because otherwise, the minority rules.

What good is having a board like this if the vote to play is 13-1 and the 1 vote rules?

Good Friggen Lord....these people are smarter than this.

• Plus1 2
9 minutes ago, krc1995 said:

But here’s the problem, the AD has zero decision making power. And probably that’s right. Inconvenient, but right 

Yes that's true, but I don't think Barry Alvarez is going to be speaking out of turn with his president. He's towed the line throughout this process with his comments.

2 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

What you have here is exactly what you try to avoid when setting up any organization that is ruled by voting of a body.  You NEVER make it have to be unanimous because otherwise, the minority rules.

What good is having a board like this if the vote to play is 13-1 and the 1 vote rules?

What in the world gave you that idea?

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 2

1 hour ago, BigRedBuster said:

Evidently NOT !!

• Plus1 2
1 hour ago, BigRedBuster said:

I don't interpret it that way. What I see is if they meet the 60% (9 schools) vote requirement then all B1G schools will have to play. No opting out.

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, Minnesota_husker said:

If I was guessing on pure speculation:

Vote yes to play: Nebraska, Iowa, Wisconsin, Ohio State, Penn State, Purdue, Indiana, Illinois

Vote no to play: MSU, Michigan, Maryland, Rutgers, Northwestern

Deciding vote comes to MN and it seems like they have been leaning toward not playing. 

When they announced the shut down Fleck and the Gophers played good boy and said they fully supported. Not sure if that was just to show conference unity or a directive from the upper brass at Minnesota. 

I hear you about fleck however wasn't it the lady at Minny that said there wasn't a vote.  if so, she may have said that due to the pressure that she got when boosters started to scream - no could become yes.

• Fire 1