Will There Be a 2020 Football Season?

Chances of a 2020 season?   

58 members have voted

1. 1. Chances of a 2020 season?

• Full 12 Game Schedule
    • Shortened Season
    • No Games Played

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/12/2020 at 06:09 PM

1 hour ago, 84HuskerLaw said:

Here are some rules I would impose on scheduling:

1. Teams that cant play scheduled games due to virus forfeits.  Period.  Forfeits count like any other win for conf race.  

2.  Teams that have less than 20 players test positive MUST play or pay a $ penalty to the home team of 25% of lost ticket $ unless both teams agree otherwise.  

3.  All teams must allow 25% seating capacity unless barred by the Gov of that state by public order.  Local or state agency does not apply.  

4.  Any team may allow more fans if they choose.  

5.  All teams start Oct 10.  Schedule 9 games - division foes plus 3 cross division games chosen by lottery.  

6.   Only intra divisional games count toward division races, except in tie breakers where cross div games count.   In event of tie, winner is chosen by coin flip.

7.   Bowl invites go according to same rules as in the past.  

8.  Home games go to the team who last played away for that opponent.

9.    Any team who is not allowed to have 25% fans or more plays on the road. If neither has 25% then site chosen per rule 8 above. 

10.   Any team may opt out of entire season no later than 9-30-20, subject to penalties above.  

Yeah man, this is 100% counter to getting football back lol

Hard no bro

1 hour ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

A lot of this seems unnecessary and straight up won't happen. Punishing teams for virus outbreaks and not having fans? Just do it like every other conf is doing it. No need to get cute. 

So what happens when teams report a virus problem and cancel NU games in Lincoln because they didnt want to play anyway and blame us.  They cost us millions in ticket sales.  There is no time to reschedule.  

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
2 minutes ago, 84HuskerLaw said:

So what happens when teams report a virus problem and cancel NU games in Lincoln because they didnt want to play anyway and blame us.  They cost us millions in ticket sales.  

No team is gonna fake an outbreak to spite Nebraska. If a team has a legit outbreak - well s#!t happens when you play football during a pandemic - Nebraska will move onto the next game. No one at Nebraska is gonna shake down another B1G university because their team had a Covid outbreak, its silly we are even discussing it. Just be happy we will have football.

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 1
  • Fire 1

According to a report from KETV7 in Omaha, an announcement of a Nebraska football season in 2020, as well as a Big Ten season, will come on Tuesday night. The news came from University of Nebraska President Ted Carter who, according to the report, was caught on a hot mic prior to the start of a news conference.

“We’re getting ready to announce the Huskers and Big Ten football tonight,” Carter said to Director of the National Strategic Research Institute Bob Hinson, according to the report.

• Fire 1

1 minute ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

No team is gonna fake an outbreak to spite Nebraska. If a team has a legit outbreak - well s#!t happens when you play football during a pandemic - Nebraska will move onto the next game. No one at Nebraska is gonna shake down another B1G university because their team had a Covid outbreak, its silly we are even discussing it. Just be happy we will have football.

Not just a fake one.  Any.  The Big 12 has these type rules but has make up rules.  I am trying to avoid millions in shake down losses for schools that dont want to play now and will likely agree but not seriously.  I want games to happen.  Not more empty promises of potential future games that get cancelled because a frat has two cases somewhere. 

• Plus1 3
  • Thanks 1
5 minutes ago, 84HuskerLaw said:

Not just a fake one.  Any.  The Big 12 has these type rules but has make up rules.  I am trying to avoid millions in shake down losses for schools that dont want to play now and will likely agree but not seriously.  I want games to happen.  Not more empty promises of potential future games that get cancelled because a frat has two cases somewhere. 

Big 12 rules are based on available amount of players across each position groups. If you don't meet the threshold they try to reschedule, if they can't reschedule, it's ruled a no contest. I'm 100% sure the B1G will have similar rules in place. There will be no rules punishing teams that can't play due to an outbreak - I don't think any rule like that exists across any sport. 

And trust me, there are zero ADs, Coaches or players in the B1G that will try and duck out of games and not take it seriously. Don't confuse presidents of universities concern for playing make you think the coaches aren't foaming at the mouth to get their kids on the field. 

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
28 minutes ago, 84HuskerLaw said:

So what happens when teams report a virus problem and cancel NU games in Lincoln because they didnt want to play anyway and blame us.  They cost us millions in ticket sales.  There is no time to reschedule.  

U serious man?  I'm sure these leaders have nothing better to do than scheme up a way to have medical professionals fake an outbreak within the team, just to spite them huskers out west..

We'll teach them a lesson alright!!!!!!!!!!! :box

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
13 minutes ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

Big 12 rules are based on available amount of players across each position groups. If you don't meet the threshold they try to reschedule, if they can't reschedule, it's ruled a no contest. I'm 100% sure the B1G will have similar rules in place. There will be no rules punishing teams that can't play due to an outbreak - I don't think any rule like that exists across any sport. 

And trust me, there are zero ADs, Coaches or players in the B1G that will try and duck out of games and not take it seriously. Don't confuse presidents of universities concern for playing make you think the coaches aren't foaming at the mouth to get their kids on the field. 

May well be.   But, would you sign a 4th sale agreement to sell your house to the same buyer who backed out 3 times before?   

Again, Big 12 schools ALL wanted to play all along.  Big Ten is split widely and probably still are.  They are under intense public and political pressure to change their positions after months of hide and denial BS games.  And the ADs and coaches are NOT deciding now or in three or five or seven weeks.   If we lose any games to cancellation and they dont count for anything, forget bowls and playoffs.  8 may not be enough anyway.  We dont want to finish 7-0 and 2 nulls and then get the you didnt play anybody so you dont matter treatment in December. 

Finally, if schools are all sincere as you insist, then why would they object.  In fact, these rules benefit and protect every school. 

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 2

This whole teams ducking games is a silly conversation, especially as it pertains to teams ducking Nebraska specifically. Newsflash, we have not inspired that level of fear, or even respect, in the B1G. Any football program in the B1G will do all within their power to play any and every game they are able. Those types of decisions are not and will not be left up to the Presidents and chancellors who so far voted against football. If/When the vote gets to the required 60%, it will be full go for the teams. Cancellations and postponements will only be made for good and verifiable reasons. This whole deal is messed up enough, no need to convolute it with tinfoil hat theories.

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Fire 1