Will There Be a 2020 Football Season?

Chances of a 2020 season?   

58 members have voted

1. 1. Chances of a 2020 season?

• Full 12 Game Schedule
    • Shortened Season
    • No Games Played

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/12/2020 at 06:09 PM

24 minutes ago, Savage Husker said:

With the private lawsuits and now state lawsuits, I have a feeling the university is prepared to dip from the conference and has a fallback in place. 

Minnesota just posted a cryptic tweet. We’re going to have football in October I believe. 

11 minutes ago, knapplc said:

Nebraska is not leaving the Big Ten.

Who needs them. Our smart people just got us 92 million today. 

• Plus1 2
18 minutes ago, knapplc said:

Nebraska is not leaving the Big Ten.

I don’t see it happening unless there is a full sail realignment, which IMO will eventually happen - hence why I mention it. I don’t see it happening this year, but it would be a good time to strike since so much is up in air that it should allow “smart” people to initiate this dialogue. 

Moos has names of replacement coaches in his desk? I’m sure they have contingency plans in place over fallout, you don’t get threatened with expulsion from the league without getting your ish in order. 

• Plus1 1

34 minutes ago, Wistrom Disciple said:

Maybe I'm missing something but why have a conference title game this season? If money is the reason, I'd assume they could get more by just having a weekend of rivalry games all played as the conclusion of a nine game schedule (six division & three crossovers)? 

Because the big money comes from getting teams into the CFP and the top 6 bowls.  

• Plus1 1
14 minutes ago, GBRFAN said:

Because the big money comes from getting teams into the CFP and the top 6 bowls.  

Right, but as Oklahoma has proven, a title game isn't necessary to make the CFP. And the Big Ten already has contracted in to get the top teams in the big games in the postseason so a conference title game is kind of irrelevant this year. 

In short, my argument would be that the conference and the programs would benefit more by getting everyone the ninth game in this weird year. 

• Plus1 1