Will There Be a 2020 Football Season?

Chances of a 2020 season?   

58 members have voted

1. 1. Chances of a 2020 season?

• Full 12 Game Schedule
    • Shortened Season
    • No Games Played

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/12/2020 at 06:09 PM

4 minutes ago, Hilltop said:

And without a clear cut champion, teams get left out.  Just ask the Big 12 from a couple years ago.

To be fair, the 2016 season you're referring to had Oklahoma as the best team with two non-conference losses. The lack of a conference title game did not factor into the equation. The very first year of the CFP (2014) left out TCU & Baylor as one-loss teams. That said, conference title games are not requirements to make the CFP, especially if that team is undefeated in the Power 5.

29 minutes ago, Wistrom Disciple said:

Right, but as Oklahoma has proven, a title game isn't necessary to make the CFP. And the Big Ten already has contracted in to get the top teams in the big games in the postseason so a conference title game is kind of irrelevant this year. 

In short, my argument would be that the conference and the programs would benefit more by getting everyone the ninth game in this weird year. 

Not required but the big12 doesn't have the best record of getting in and the lack of a title game was a mentioned factor.  Again the $$$ for the top games are more important then the difference between the 15th and 18th best bowl.  It's all about getting into the final 4.  The title game is a big +.  Also i'm sure some teams would have hurt feelings if they had 4 home games and 5 away while the next team got 5 home games.

• Plus1 1
Just now, GBRFAN said:

Not required but the big12 doesn't have the best record of getting in and the lack of a title game was a mentioned factor.  Again the $$$ for the top games are more important then the difference between the 15th and 18th best bowl.  It's all about getting into the final 4.  The title game is a big +.  Also i'm sure some teams would have hurt feelings if they had 4 home games and 5 away while the next team got 5 home games.

Oklahoma has been in four of the past five years. The Pac 12 has been in once in the past five years. The Pac 12 has a title game, the Big 12 does not. 

The title game in a normal year is a benefit. This year, an extra game would be better for BTN as well as the programs who missed out on spring football development and a normal fall camp. 

4 minutes ago, GBRFAN said:

I very much doubt that one or two playoff games will generate as much revenue as 7 conference games. And that's assuming that the B1G makes the CFP in the first case and doesn't make it in the second.

Regardless, the Huskers aren't making the CFP this season, so I'd rather see another Husker game. I couldn't care less about the rest of the conference or the CFP.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

Big 12 rules are based on available amount of players across each position groups. If you don't meet the threshold they try to reschedule, if they can't reschedule, it's ruled a no contest. I'm 100% sure the B1G will have similar rules in place. There will be no rules punishing teams that can't play due to an outbreak - I don't think any rule like that exists across any sport. 

And trust me, there are zero ADs, Coaches or players in the B1G that will try and duck out of games and not take it seriously. Don't confuse presidents of universities concern for playing make you think the coaches aren't foaming at the mouth to get their kids on the field. 

Not to completely disagree, but I don't  know how anyone can say you are 100% sure of anything the Big Ten will do.