Will There Be a 2020 Football Season?

Chances of a 2020 season?   

58 members have voted

1. 1. Chances of a 2020 season?

• Full 12 Game Schedule
    • Shortened Season
    • No Games Played

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/12/2020 at 06:09 PM

2 hours ago, suh_fan93 said:

Of course! Two weeks of stay in place orders for the college kids. Definitely going to be followed by all of those reliable students. Total coincidence that this order gets lifted Nov. 4th too! 

At this point, I wonder why some of these schools don't just opt out if they're so hell bent on  giving themselves every excuse not to play. 

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Fire 1

2 hours ago, Wistrom Disciple said:

Of course! Two weeks of stay in place orders for the college kids. Definitely going to be followed by all of those reliable students. Total coincidence that this order gets lifted Nov. 4th too! 

At this point, I wonder why some of these schools don't just opt out if they're so hell bent on  giving themselves every excuse not to play. 

So you think the Washtenaw County Health Department cares about and/or controls Michigan football?

• Plus1 1
13 hours ago, runningblind said:

So you think the Washtenaw County Health Department cares about and/or controls Michigan football?

I think ordering college kids to stay in place is a fruitless exercise as shown at nearly every public university in the country. 

As to your exact question, no a health department doesn't control football or any sport. I do find the timing of these directives interesting however. 

• Plus1 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Fire 1

Nebraska will have a nurse with them on the plane to do the COVID-19 testing upon arrival. The Big Ten also just approved that if a player tests positive on the antigen test, they are allowed to do a more thorough PCR lab test on the result to make sure it’s not a false positive. If the PCR test comes back negative they are allowed to play. 

Also reports that no new cases on the team since the Big Ten testing began on Sept 30  - some speculation there were a couple false positives which were later overturned by the PCR lab test. 

• Plus1 4