Will There Be a 2020 Football Season?

Chances of a 2020 season?   

58 members have voted

1. 1. Chances of a 2020 season?

• Full 12 Game Schedule
    • Shortened Season
    • No Games Played

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/12/2020 at 06:09 PM

4 minutes ago, Hilltop said:

Face covering like a shield or actually wearing a mask on the field?  Trying to play football with a mask doesn't sound safe imo.  

I think I saw a pic early before the season started of a pro type helmet with essentially a large clear face shield built into the helmet itself.  Like she said interesting.

5 minutes ago, suh_fan93 said:

I think I saw a pic early before the season started of a pro type helmet with essentially a large clear face shield built into the helmet itself.  Like she said interesting.

I coached against a kid who used an aftermarket plastic face shield. I believe Schutt made it. But the bottom was open and I don't think it would be very effective

15 minutes ago, Gorillahawk said:

I coached against a kid who used an aftermarket plastic face shield. I believe Schutt made it. But the bottom was open and I don't think it would be very effective

My son wore one for about half a season.  It was the nicest one we could order and it was crap...  got so scratched up he could hardly see out of it after a game or two.  It also fogged up quickly making visibility bad.  He was a center who was tired of getting poked in the eyes but he decided it was better to be able to see and removed it.    

• 2 weeks later...

I think if the B1G was smart they would have seen what everybody else did and start the schedule earlier, not later.  It reminds me of all of the big school districts around here that started remote and were going to start back in person during flu season.  What were we thinking?

Too bad we don't have the Leaders and Legends divisions anymore.  That would have been the only place you could have used the word Leader in the B1G.

• 4 weeks later...

Alabama, Clemson, Notre Dame, and Ohio State.

Who'd have guessed when we asked Will There Be a 2020 Football Season that there would be a season and that it would end this predictably?

Some of the things critics warned would happen, happened. Some did not. It looked and felt like college football, even without fans in the stands. The stats and standings may have an asterisk, but they seem legit. Players will be able to move forward with their careers or use the pause button. Lots of canceled games, and a get-it-over-with bowl season, but no deaths or serious hospitalizations IIRC. 

Regrets? Lessons learned? A lot of negatives with the Huskers, but had the season not been played, I get the feeling the program would be in a worse position.