Will There Be a 2020 Football Season?

Chances of a 2020 season?   

58 members have voted

1. 1. Chances of a 2020 season?

• Full 12 Game Schedule
    • Shortened Season
    • No Games Played

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/12/2020 at 06:09 PM

If you are a college coach...why would you want a season?

No season means no firings.  It means if you were on the "hot seat" that seat will be much less hot after a non-season.  

This is like a free pass for a lot of coaches.  No school is canning a coach right now and eating that contract while having to also pony up for a new contract for a new coach.  

• Plus1 1

3 minutes ago, knapplc said:

You mean the super simple thing that we could have all done starting in March but many didn't do will be the reason we don't have football?

I agree. 

C'mon!  People needed to eat at Olive Garden and go to the beach and create new sovereign nations!  All those things were the most important thing ever!

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Crusader Husker said:

Not meant to be political or anything.  It just seems like research and medical opinions keep changing, or better yet evolving.  I am in charge of facilities.  What we have to do seems to evolve every week.

Isn't that going to be inevitable when we don't have a solid grasp on how to treat this particular virus?

I know changing tactics can be frustrating, but when it's being directed by experts (and not politicians) it's going to be for the best. 

• Plus1 1

While I don't agree with everything contained in the link below, I do believe it was a well written explanation on why beliefs are so different right now.  If our nation doesn't gain consistency, it will be very hard for the powers that be to allow sports.  Right or wrong, we need consistent approaches to determine what is even working imo.  

https://carnegieendowment.org/2020/07/16/unmasking-truth-public-health-experts-coronavirus-and-raucous-marketplace-of-ideas-pub-82314

• Plus1 1
50 minutes ago, Crusader Husker said:

Not meant to be political or anything.  It just seems like research and medical opinions keep changing, or better yet evolving.  I am in charge of facilities.  What we have to do seems to evolve every week.

That's science. The more studies and data come out, the more we are able to change, refine, and adapt our tactics to combat it.

I get that some people can get tiredhead from this, but what scientists are doing now in a scant four months of so took years to accomplish during the Spanish Flu and Polio outbreaks. I mean, we already have promising vaccination tests going on from two different companies--folks would have killed for a vaccination for the Spanish Flu, or a vaccination in four months when Polio was running rampant. 

14 hours ago, knapplc said:

You mean the super simple thing that we could have all done starting in March but many didn't do will be the reason we don't have football?

I agree. 

Oh wow, next you're going to point to empirical evidence by other nations that mandated mask wearing and how their COVID numbers are vastly superior to the United States. 

Typical for the fake news to look at science and facts, which have a well known and long established liberal biases.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
44 minutes ago, knapplc said:

Isn't that going to be inevitable when we don't have a solid grasp on how to treat this particular virus?

I know changing tactics can be frustrating, but when it's being directed by experts (and not politicians) it's going to be for the best. 

100% agree, that is why I used the word evolving.  Every time I think we are good, more bad news comes out.