Will There Be a 2020 Football Season?

Chances of a 2020 season?   

58 members have voted

1. 1. Chances of a 2020 season?

• Full 12 Game Schedule
    • Shortened Season
    • No Games Played

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/12/2020 at 06:09 PM

47 minutes ago, knapplc said:

How could you possibly know the long-term health risks of a disease that's only been known about for a few months? 

Did you actually disagree with any of the things that I did write, knapp?

Edit: Or alternatively written for simplicity's sake and to cut through the bull$h!t, if it could possibly save one life, it's imperative that we not have the season - correct?

12 minutes ago, 307husker said:

No. That is an absurd standard.

So - I am curious now - what is the standard or put another way - how many covid 19 deaths is too many to suffer for the sake of cfb?

Or for the sake of reopening the economy?   Ultimately that is the bottom line question.   Maybe 10?  Maybe 100?   1,000?   10,000?  100,000?   1,000,000?   

• Thanks 3

58 minutes ago, Cdog923 said:

N95 > surgical mask > cloth mask  > old tshirt > nothing

You forgot to put in hazmat suit. Way better protection that the N95. 

This is the NCAA's proposed basketball uniforms. Currently being tested now.

Coronavirus: New York group plays basketball in hazmat suits

• Haha 1
9 minutes ago, 84HuskerLaw said:

what is the standard or put another way - how many covid 19 deaths is too many to suffer for the sake of cfb?

One student-athlete death. That's all it will take from a mortality standpoint.

One student-athlete hospitalized. That's all it will take from a morbidity standpoint.

• Thanks 1
21 minutes ago, 84HuskerLaw said:

So - I am curious now - what is the standard or put another way - how many covid 19 deaths is too many to suffer for the sake of cfb?

1 death is too many. The only acceptable number of completely preventable deaths is 0 in order for us to have football.

Or for the sake of reopening the economy?   Ultimately that is the bottom line question.   Maybe 10?  Maybe 100?   1,000?   10,000?  100,000?   1,000,000?  

The number entirely depends on the political party you support. We're projected by the CDC to have 150k-170k deaths by Aug 8 but students are expected to go back to school in person, the Gov of Georgia is suing the Mayor of Atlanta over a mask mandate, etc.

• Plus1 3
  • Fire 1
27 minutes ago, 84HuskerLaw said:

I think if there is any elevated chance of harm to a student athlete OUTSIDE the field of play, games would not be played. And I'm not talking about normal dangers of everyday life, I'm talking unique situations (Hurricanes, Lightning, Pandemics, MRSA). Look at our game against Akron that was scrapped. Was there a good chance a kid would be hit by lightning? No. Does the NCAA or either of the college admins want to be ones with fingers being pointed at them on the off chance a student athlete is harmed, absolutely not!

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
15 minutes ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

I think if there is any elevated chance of harm to a student athlete OUTSIDE the field of play, games would not be played. And I'm not talking about normal dangers of everyday life, I'm talking unique situations (Hurricanes, Lightning, Pandemics, MRSA). Look at our game against Akron that was scrapped. Was there a good chance a kid would be hit by lightning? No. Does the NCAA or either of the college admins want to be ones with fingers being pointed at them on the off chance a student athlete is harmed, absolutely not!

Whether true or not, the Akron game cancellation was likely the fear that a large group could be killed by lightning.  There is also the fear of uncontrolled crowd reaction.   They did not decide to end crowds outdoors because of weather.   Common sense prevailed.  

So what is the number?

8 minutes ago, teachercd said:

So I saw on the View that it is likely that 10X more people have/had the virus than we thought/think.  If that is the case, doesn't that push the death rate down to some crazy low level?

Yes, it does!

But there is contingent of people that don't believe that this has any significance - which is absurd. They seem to be the same group of people in the "tHe hOSpiTalS aRe ovERWhelM3d!!!1" crowd.

• Thanks 1
13 minutes ago, teachercd said:

So I saw on the View that it is likely that 10X more people have/had the virus than we thought/think.  If that is the case, doesn't that push the death rate down to some crazy low level?

The View? Assume that I am using sarcasm.

No Clucking Way! Woman hand knits her hens woolly jumpers to keep ...

• Fire 2
4 minutes ago, kansas45 said:

The View? Assume that I am using sarcasm.

No Clucking Way! Woman hand knits her hens woolly jumpers to keep ...

HA

No, it wasn't sarcasm, I have it on every morning.  I usually don't really watch it, it is sort of just on in the background. 

The only host on that show that is a total lame is the older red haired lady.

I really don't mind Whoopie.

41 minutes ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

Does the NCAA or either of the college admins want to be ones with fingers being pointed at them on the off chance a student athlete is harmed, absolutely not!

I have to ask these questions AGAIN.

1. if you are the President of the University of Nebraska system, what do you do?

2. WHY are we playing a football season this fall?