Will There Be a 2020 Football Season?

Chances of a 2020 season?   

58 members have voted

1. 1. Chances of a 2020 season?

• Full 12 Game Schedule
    • Shortened Season
    • No Games Played

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/12/2020 at 06:09 PM

4 hours ago, teachercd said:

Aren't deaths by car like, pretty much the same for the last 15 years or so...

I feel like it should be way lower with seatbelts and airbags and better built cars.

Safety? World drivers:

bet-you-can-t-jump-the-barn-hold-my-beer-27109303.png.f0500c3f5df0fd6d00450bece592d44b.png

Sometimes the illusion of safety makes people do stupider things.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Nebfanatic said:

Oof imo this could kill the season faster than anything else. No stars no product. Obviously they could still put something together but it would be college football lite if many high caliber players sit. 

Have to think it would be a benefit for us.  Most of our key talent are underclassmen.  

Multiple sources have indicated to the Journal Star this week that the Big Ten is more likely to move back, perhaps as far as Week 3, than it is to move up to Week 0. It is unclear, however, how close the league is to finalizing a plan. 

Consensus among schools is going to be hard to come by, and it’s fairly easy to see why. Nebraska, for example, has started each new phase of offseason on time, beginning with voluntary workouts on June 1, formal summer access July 13 and the two-week “minicamp” period last July 24. Obviously, things can change fast, but head coach Scott Frost has been saying for weeks that he thinks his team is on the front edge of programs around the country in terms of working through this offseason’s challenges and getting prepared for a season.

The Huskers haven’t veered from their charted course since then, meaning there’s no reason to believe that sentiment has changed.

Personally, I don’t see what moving the season back two weeks does other than give you less time to play a more condensed schedule. But that’s just me.

• Plus1 4

1 minute ago, seaofred92 said:

Personally, I don’t see what moving the season back two weeks does other than give you less time to play a more condensed schedule. But that’s just me.

Didn't Michigan State completely suspend team activities for a couple weeks? They probably want to make that time up, whether other teams get extra time or not.

1 minute ago, Husker in WI said:

Didn't Michigan State completely suspend team activities for a couple weeks? They probably want to make that time up, whether other teams get extra time or not.

They took the herd immunity team approach apparently.  Looks like it might pay off for them though if the league gives them extra prep time.    

• Haha 1
14 minutes ago, Nebfanatic said:

Oof imo this could kill the season faster than anything else. No stars no product. Obviously they could still put something together but it would be college football lite if many high caliber players sit. 

Trevor Lawrence is already the #1 pick. If you are him you only have risk with no reward.

3 minutes ago, Huskers93-97 said:

Trevor Lawrence is already the #1 pick. If you are him you only have risk with no reward.

You aren't wrong but that makes things tricky for the season. If 1 or 2 do it it won't be that big of a deal but if multiple players from top teams decide to sit it will be interesting to see how things go. Clemson, OSU, Alabama don't want to give up their recruiting edge but at the same time what else do you do. They are gone either way I suppose.