Will There Be a 2020 Football Season?

Chances of a 2020 season?   

58 members have voted

1. 1. Chances of a 2020 season?

• Full 12 Game Schedule
    • Shortened Season
    • No Games Played

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/12/2020 at 06:09 PM

8 hours ago, Branno said:

TY Branno.

Pay attention here, college football. 

The NCAA season....   starts, shutdown, restart; Some scratched players, or a head coach or trainer quarantined, things resume, then cancellations; then restart again; then traveling, cold weather kicks in, etc.  No bowls, no playoffs.

As if it's unforeseen. 

This is not sports.  This is crappy entertainment without the energy of fans in the stands, eating nachos, sipping from a flask, high five and hugs, the band, cheerleaders and cheering, etc

I don't want fake football and interruptions. I'm done.  Get this virus behind us and reboot next spring. 

• Plus1 4
  • Fire 1

23 minutes ago, 84HuskerLaw said:

Only so long as the players dont lose a year of eligibility etc.  Also have to consider the fiscal cost of having most expense but nil revenues.    

I would probably be willing to put money on that if they do not play a complete season players will be granted an extra year of eligibility

42 minutes ago, MyBloodIsRed16 said:

I would probably be willing to put money on that if they do not play a complete season players will be granted an extra year of eligibility

Yea. I tend to think so but there is no reason the NCAA has not already announced all these things to put to rest all the non-covid issues.  Imagine all the needless stress going thru the minds of players, coaches, recruits and families, not to mention 50 million fans!    Just BS imo.  

6 hours ago, Notre Dame Joe said:

Doubt it.  If your conference cancelled while the ACC+SEC played a season, you would never beat them out for a recruit for the next decade. 

Are you on team ACC now?

Let's flip the script. What happens if the mighty ACC+SEC goes alone and plays a season where multiple players get sick and schools have massive outbreaks? How is that going to look?

• Plus1 3
7 hours ago, Notre Dame Joe said:

Doubt it.  If your conference cancelled while the ACC+SEC played a season, you would never beat them out for a recruit for the next decade. 

Just because those conferences are announcing plans does not mean that they don't have an abort button. Obviously they want to make it seem like they are playing at this point. 

1 hour ago, Nebfanatic said:

Just because those conferences are announcing plans does not mean that they don't have an abort button. Obviously they want to make it seem like they are playing at this point. 

I think that makes sense. Everyone wants to play, and I think being perceived as the thoughtful, responsible conference has it's benefits. Other conferences pretending they aren't even considering not playing is misleading, I think most conferences are in the same boat - plan to play, knowing that it's really still up in the air. It's all about the perception they want to send out, "we're playing until somebody makes us stop" versus "we want to play, but we're going to make sure it's the right move." More PR than actual differences in strategy, I'm sure the B1G has a few planned schedule options and just doesn't want to release them yet.

• Plus1 1
16 hours ago, Norhusker said:

I remember Soylent Green. LOL! Watched it in a movie theater as a youngster which shows my age. Edward Robinson's last film. Movie was ahead of it's time.

Have you seen it recently? Definitely dated early 70s sci-fi, but that Edward G. Robinson death scene still holds up. 

download.jpg

12 minutes ago, Husker in WI said:

I think that makes sense. Everyone wants to play, and I think being perceived as the thoughtful, responsible conference has it's benefits. Other conferences pretending they aren't even considering not playing is misleading, I think most conferences are in the same boat - plan to play, knowing that it's really still up in the air. It's all about the perception they want to send out, "we're playing until somebody makes us stop" versus "we want to play, but we're going to make sure it's the right move." More PR than actual differences in strategy, I'm sure the B1G has a few planned schedule options and just doesn't want to release them yet.

Oh the B1G surely has plans. But yes its all in the approach. B1G has been leading the way on this already so its no surprise to hear this out of the B1G first. SEC just decided on conference only yesterday lol. I think there is no way SEC has a season personally. At least other conferences(B1G only really) can argue the numbers are decent in their region. The SE is a mess.