Will There Be a 2020 Football Season?

Chances of a 2020 season?   

58 members have voted

1. 1. Chances of a 2020 season?

• Full 12 Game Schedule
    • Shortened Season
    • No Games Played

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/12/2020 at 06:09 PM

Love our schedule ... two puff games at the beginning and two wins at the end.  I can see us going 3-3 into the bye and a chance to win 3 of 4 down the stretch.  By the Penn State game we will have no excuses and getting them at home means that we have a chance with the schedule to finish on an uptick and help recruiting as well.  I didn't see a winning season going into this year but with this schedule I could see us going 6-4.  I think we are very fortunate.

This off season really highlights how worthless of an organization the NCAA is. They place tons of restrictions on these kids around transferring, earning money, etc. However, when it comes to doing absolutely anything regarding health concerns they have failed to do one stupid thing. They've had since March to come up with literally anything on sports and the conferences have all led the way without the NCAA doing anything at all.

• Plus1 4
8 minutes ago, WyoHusker56 said:

This off season really highlights how worthless of an organization the NCAA is. They place tons of restrictions on these kids around transferring, earning money, etc. However, when it comes to doing absolutely anything regarding health concerns they have failed to do one stupid thing. They've had since March to come up with literally anything on sports and the conferences have all led the way without the NCAA doing anything at all.

There was no way they were ever going to put themselves in a position of responsibility/liability in this situation.  To do so would be foolish.  If they cancel, they get sued for lost revenue by many.  If they dictate the season, they potentially get sued by many.  They punt and they don't get sued by anyone.  It's really very simple if you can take a step back and remove emotion.     

• Plus1 1

6 minutes ago, Hilltop said:

There was no way they were ever going to put themselves in a position of responsibility/liability in this situation.  To do so would be foolish.  If they cancel, they get sued for lost revenue by many.  If they dictate the season, they potentially get sued by many.  They punt and they don't get sued by anyone.  It's really very simple if you can take a step back and remove emotion.     

it is, so let's not fool ourselves any longer, there will be no season, for now.

15 minutes ago, Hilltop said:

I fully understand why they've done it this way. My point is that it just exemplifies their ineptitude as an organization and the B1G players are calling them out already. The NCAA is a regulatory organization who has refused to provide any regulations at a point when it was really most needed. I agree they did it to avoid liability, but if they are only going to step in when it's safe and no liability is involved they aren't really "dedicated to the well-being and lifelong success of college athletes." and are thus a worthless organization who only regulates students when it benefits them.

• Plus1 3

so i suppose this lands back in the lap of individual schools?  this is not good. setting the schedule simply kicks the can down the road.

NCAA can't be a regulating body and not have responsibility, the players are not gaining on health issues or insurance, in their demands.

PAC 12 players asking for a lot.

• Plus1 1

Local teams in the Des Moines area have been picking up players outside of the state lately. Valley just added the #1 player in Colorado...4* QB - these families are required to move to be able to play and that is a lot of risk to possibly have the season cancelled. 

54 minutes ago, knapplc said:

Agreed. There are a LOT of logistical hurdles to overcome to make this season happen.

I think the biggest issue with the season isn't the health of the athletes per say, its all the logistics that are going to be involved in this. If anything goes wrong it could bring the whole thing crashing down. So many problems to solve and I don't think we have solved them all yet. 

• Plus1 1