Will There Be a 2020 Football Season?

Chances of a 2020 season?   

58 members have voted

1. 1. Chances of a 2020 season?

• Full 12 Game Schedule
    • Shortened Season
    • No Games Played

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/12/2020 at 06:09 PM

4 minutes ago, Decked said:

So they can’t even treat this like a spring practice? Weak s#!t. Dudes are gonna go back home in a month once college is over and actually get exposed to the virus more. They should be ashamed. The presidents are not only cowards but also contradictory if they let students back on campus if that’s the case. Weak, spineless men & women. 

This is my point as well. If you want to cancel sports because it's too dangerous with the virus you have ZERO argument for in person classes. This isn't a health decision it's a liability and PR decision hiding behind athlete health.

• Plus1 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Fire 1

Just now, FrantzHardySwag said:

If players are allowed to transfer to teams playing this fall, the B1G really just set themselves back a couple of years. It's gonna be open season on all the conf's studs, and most of them will jump at the chance. 

I get what your thinking. But where would they go? SEC already has the cream of the crop. 

4 minutes ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

Top of the line guys like Fields? They'll have their choice of SEC, ACC, Big 12 teams.

Not Related: Warren straight up just wouldn't answer if teams like Nebraska could play another schedule. 

I’m sure all the lawyers haven’t decided how to stick that clause in there-yet. 

and Fields is not my concern. Maybe God was looking out for us with all those 20 plus rated recruiting classes. 

53 minutes ago, suh_fan93 said:

No surprise ending unfortunately.  2020 can be over any day now.

Official announcement at 2 pm. -_-

I don't think the craziness is over.  Frost has said that NU might seek out it's 'own' schedule.  

This really sucks and I don't agree with the decision.

I think the way they are doing this, prevents us from making a schedule for the fall.  If they play in the spring, they will require us to play then.  I can't imagine players being able to pay 8-10 games this fall and then turn around and play a full conference schedule in the spring.  So, it is potentially going to prevent us from playing anything this fall.

AND...if they get to spring and still cancel, we lost our chance to schedule some games this fall.

This really sucks!!!

• Plus1 2
26 minutes ago, krc1995 said:

Exactly why we should sue the NCAA. I guess I can get in the litigious mood too. 

it doesn’t appear they’re going to shut down that damn portal. 

This needs to come from the NCAA.  NOT each conference because of this exact issue.  And that's just one issue.

But, we all know the NCAA is such  worthless dumpster fire they won't.

This is also a prime example of how this whole mess got so bad at this point.  No upper level leadership to make a blanket policy.

• Plus1 2