Will There Be a 2020 Football Season?

Chances of a 2020 season?   

58 members have voted

1. 1. Chances of a 2020 season?

• Full 12 Game Schedule
    • Shortened Season
    • No Games Played

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/12/2020 at 06:09 PM

3 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

This needs to come from the NCAA.  NOT each conference because of this exact issue.  And that's just one issue.

But, we all know the NCAA is such  worthless dumpster fire they won't.

This is also a prime example of how this whole mess got so bad at this point.  No upper level leadership to make a blanket policy.

What is the funding source for NCAA? 

11 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

This really sucks and I don't agree with the decision.

I think the way they are doing this, prevents us from making a schedule for the fall.  If they play in the spring, they will require us to play then.  I can't imagine players being able to pay 8-10 games this fall and then turn around and play a full conference schedule in the spring.  So, it is potentially going to prevent us from playing anything this fall.

AND...if they get to spring and still cancel, we lost our chance to schedule some games this fall.

This really sucks!!!

It definitely sucks.  I'm in the minority I'm pretty sure in that I'm not upset with the commissioner the way a lot of Husker fans are on social media and elsewhere.  This is all unprecedented territory with Covid 19 being so bad as it is.  The thing that gets me truly upset is all of this primarily a huge amount of the deaths this country has gone through could have 100% been avoided and we likely would have a college football season getting ready to start here in a few weeks as well.  Nope.  Not happening.

I think they change/alter the schedules as far as spring and next fall goes with Covid.  They'll have to.

• Plus1 3
  • Thanks 1
2 minutes ago, krc1995 said:

What is the funding source for NCAA? 

Obviously the various athletic departments and events.

But, at this point, nothing is being played.  So, they aren't getting funding anyway.  They need to be working hard to keep everything organized well and healthy so at some point (when we have a vaccine) there is still a well organized national college athletic program that can pick up where it left off.

The way it appears they are doing this, it's going to be a disaster and the entire college sports industry is going to be devastated simply because their's no leadership and central game plan.

Let's be honest things have only gotten drastically worse since they cancelled spring sports. So, what gives the B1G any confidence at all that things are going to be better in the spring after winter and cold/flu. I had more hope of a fall season than I do of a spring season unless we miraculously find a cure or vaccinate 330 million people in less than 6 months with a yet to be found vaccine.

• Plus1 3

I can see the universities being allowed by the B1G to play a limited fall schedule (5 games, maybe 6). They'd do so without B1G support and allowed to negotiate television revenue via the B1G Network. There would be no conference championship and teams would likely be required to participate in a spring schedule if implemented. Spring schedule would likely mean the 3 conference domes would be used with games played on Saturday and Sunday thereby giving dome authorities time to sterilize between games. That said, it might be 1 game at each stadium on Sat, on Sunday and at 1 stadium a Monday night game totaling 7 games weekly, all televised. I'd guess they'd play divisional games only with a championship game to finish equating to 7 games (8 if you win your division).

2 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Obviously the various athletic departments and events.

But, at this point, nothing is being played.  So, they aren't getting funding anyway.  They need to be working hard to keep everything organized well and healthy so at some point (when we have a vaccine) there is still a well organized national college athletic program that can pick up where it left off.

The way it appears they are doing this, it's going to be a disaster and the entire college sports industry is going to be devastated simply because their's no leadership and central game plan.

I bet they’re still getting paid. I bet every school has to pay some sort of membership fee. I don’t know if it’s the same for every school or if a sliding fee based on enrollment. I also bet we have to keep paying them for not doing anything. 

i want to sue them too.