Will There Be a 2020 Football Season?

Chances of a 2020 season?   

58 members have voted

1. 1. Chances of a 2020 season?

• Full 12 Game Schedule
    • Shortened Season
    • No Games Played

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/12/2020 at 06:09 PM

1 hour ago, nic said:

I have no idea if this guy is for real or just blowing smoke. Anyone know?

image.png.94f059770f7c2c1104c975e6ac3bfc50.png

I read this last night. This am Damon B said 9-5. 

There was an intelligent call or two this am about the BIG institutions that receive academic state aid and governor influence. I don’t think we can deny the political nature of this decision any more. I wonder if these 8 or 9 universities got together before any discussion was held and told Warren “look, we have the numbers” and so it was done. 

also mentioned was that the BIG considers itself to be an academic league, rather than an athletic one. 

• Plus1 1

When the players at NW "unionized", a few years ago and the discussion on paying players started to heat up, Delany said that the Big Ten would seriously consider going back to DIV 3 like sports or Olympic sports only to keep the amateur model in place. I believe many of the schools would be fine with that. They are more proud of the academics and the CIC brings in lots of research money.

• Plus1 2
18 minutes ago, nic said:

When the players at NW "unionized", a few years ago and the discussion on paying players started to heat up, Delany said that the Big Ten would seriously consider going back to DIV 3 like sports or Olympic sports only to keep the amateur model in place. I believe many of the schools would be fine with that. They are more proud of the academics and the CIC brings in lots of research money.

That was all talk by Delany. They were never going to go to a D3 or Olympic sports model. The B1G defiantly cares about both academics and athletics. 

• Fire 1
9 minutes ago, hunter49 said:

lawyers and lawsuits are coming soon. there will be football for all who want to play, starting in late September.

you can play ball or sit out the season

you can go back to work and wear a mask or stay home

Who is filing the lawsuit(s)? Under what law(s) are they filing? 

• Fire 2

2 hours ago, nic said:

I have no idea if this guy is for real or just blowing smoke. Anyone know?

image.png.94f059770f7c2c1104c975e6ac3bfc50.png

First off from now on I will be calling our conference the Big 14.  Teams 11-14 are Penn State, Nebraska, Rutgers and Maryland.  Any fans of those institutions calling this conference the 'Big 10' is not even recognizing their own existence.

Second, this is being reported from multiple sources that it was an 8-6 split between members.  Really looking like Special K took the reigns of this thing and made the call like an NFL Commissioner and all in his first year on the job.  I thought "don't rock the boat" was the goal of any person taking on a position like this in their first year.  His tenure in the Big 14 will be short lived.

Lastly, this is going to stain the conference and ALL of our teams for the long-term.  We are already getting de-commits from the 2021 football class.  And so it will go with all fall sports in all the member schools.  Whether we like it or not, this virus and the positive test results in the populace will be on-going for YEARS to come.  The only real options are to stop all sports for several years or continue on with strict rules and protections in place.  No need to have fans attend sports for at least another year....a few athletes who test positive is not going to overwhelm our healthcare system.

• Thanks 2
  • Fire 1
17 minutes ago, knapplc said:

Who is filing the lawsuit(s)? Under what law(s) are they filing? 

I have no idea if it happens or what laws they use, but when you are talking about a multi-billion dollar decision and a lot of unhappy people you have to think someone files a lawsuit. It's just the way our world works and it could be total garbage, but I think it happens.

• Thanks 1
  • Fire 1

Do we want to be in the BIG? An academic conference. Not saying that’s wrong, and probably morally correct, but I think it’s safe to say that if we hadn’t had football in the last 50 years, even bad football, our economic in Nebraska looks a lot different. 

• Thanks 1