Will There Be a 2020 Football Season?

Chances of a 2020 season?   

58 members have voted

1. 1. Chances of a 2020 season?

• Full 12 Game Schedule
    • Shortened Season
    • No Games Played

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/12/2020 at 06:09 PM

3 hours ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

UNC campus had 135 positives and their % of positive tests rose 10%, all in a weeks time. Looks like they shut down in person learning. If this happens to multiple ACC and SEC campuses, the season will get shut down real quick. 

players are what matters.  They just started. If they tested a bunch (10,000 or 20,000) students, I am surprised they got so few.   Should quarantine the positives 3 weeks, test again in a week and see.   

If they only test symptomatics, its a waste of time.  isolation will work but you have to start with a clean  pool. 

• Fire 1
4 minutes ago, 84HuskerLaw said:

players are what matters.  They just started. If they tested a bunch (10,000 or 20,000) students, I am surprised they got so few.   Should quarantine the positives 3 weeks, test again in a week and see.   

If they only test symptomatics, its a waste of time.  isolation will work but you have to start with a clean  pool. 

they said a 10% positive rate.....so my guess would be approximately 1350 students tested.

• Plus1 2
6 minutes ago, commando said:

they said a 10% positive rate.....so my guess would be approximately 1350 students tested.

So 19000 to go.  Not many at less than 1% of the population.  Id have guessed 5% myself.  

None end up sick most likely.  

You will have to keep testing weekly thru December.  A lot of tests but thats the trouble with pandemics without mandatory quarantine of all positive carriers.  Fauci sends them home for 14 days on the honor system and when 90% dont even feel sick, you get pandemic - nationwide fiascos like this.  

you must act fast.  Fauci did nothing but deer in headlights. He was in charge.  thee expert!  lol

• Plus1 3
18 minutes ago, 84HuskerLaw said:

The goal all along has been to minimize those of high risk in order to ensure enough hospital capacity/ventilators/etc...  I feel like any stats around college campuses should focus on these factors and not simply the number of cases.  I know of at least 10 people from my work or family/friend circles that have tested positive, and almost all did not even realize they had it. If most people are able to recover on their own, we should not be making decisions simply on the number or percent of positive cases but rather the original goal of hospital/equipment capacity. 

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, teachercd said:

51 minutes ago, nic said:

Who is Sir Yacht? I see what you did here. I should get a twitter account just to post random crap. :ahhhhhhhh

50 minutes ago, teachercd said:

This guy either has naked pictures of someone really high up in the conference...or he is literally just shooting his shot and hoping for the best possible outcome. 

48 minutes ago, knapplc said:

A podcast guy who's been claiming he knows a guy who's a Big Ten AD, so all of a sudden he's been posting insider stuff that... hasn't exactly come true.

And "the announcement is coming later" is a big part of his predictions.

We have a new poster here with the same name.

@SirYacht Is this you? Will you be our new Sock Puppet? Long story - we can explain more later.

• Haha 2

Sir Yacht (Yaks Alot). A few zingers below.

The Big 10 conference is reconsidering possibly having a football season this year, in response to worries of players bolting to other conferences or to the NFL, per source.

— Sir Yacht (@SirYacht) August 15, 2020

This is in response to Ohio State putting pressure on the B1G saying they would join the SEC this year as well. Nebraska is threatening to join the ACC for good also. So there is an emergency meeting today in to try and prevent this.

Source: B1G officials just met. Ohio State, Nebraska, Iowa and Michigan are set on playing this fall. Illinois and Northwestern are only schools that are not thinking about playing.

If Big Ten doesn’t have football, teams will be allowed to join other leagues.

Main reason for the call btw was that Ohio State and Nebraska will play elsewhere if the B1G does not have a season

— Sir Yacht (@SirYacht) August 16, 2020

Purdue is moving forward as if they are playing a fall season, per source.

B1G commissioner Kevin Warren scrapped the idea of Big Ten teams playing in the ACC and the Big 12, per source.

Warren is working with B1G presidents to reverse his original idea and see if they are able to have a conference season this fall.

What I know about B1G and college football as of now:

-Some Big Ten teams are threatening to go play in the ACC and Big 12 if there is no conference season

-Commissioner Warren thus is trying to have a Big Ten season to prevent this as well as legal action from players' parents

— Sir Yacht (@SirYacht) August 17, 2020

The teams that are the most vocal are Ohio State, Michigan, Nebraska, and Iowa.

Everybody from the presidents, the athletic directors, to the parents and players, are pissed with how Commissioner Kevin Warren has handled this.

The talks are real. The B1G wants to have a season. It might not happen, but they are doing everything they can to have a season so teams like Ohio State, Michigan, Nebraska and Iowa don’t leave.

For people that think i'm lying or backtracking, I am not.

The B1G is trying to have a football season now. Everybody wants to and Commissioner Warren realizes he messed up. Several teams are pushing to play in the ACC and Big 12 this year if the Big Ten does not have a season

Big Ten Commissioner Kevin Warren is “hoping to God” the other conferences cancel their college football seasons, otherwise he’s going to have to let the B1G play, per source.

Things are getting really ugly behind the scenes.

In a shocking turn of events, unless there is a drastic outbreak of cases in the next few days, the B1G will resume their college football season this fall, per source.

Expect an announcement later this week that the Big Ten will be playing again.

• Haha 1