Will There Be a 2020 Football Season?

Chances of a 2020 season?   

58 members have voted

1. 1. Chances of a 2020 season?

• Full 12 Game Schedule
    • Shortened Season
    • No Games Played

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/12/2020 at 06:09 PM

2 hours ago, knapplc said:

This is why the B1G shouldn't have rushed to postpone. If they had waited until even an October start they could have done this very safely. Between the SalivaDirect and now this test they could test players daily and before and after games etc. Plus there are even more tests on the verge of approval that can boost testing even more. 

• Plus1 1
15 minutes ago, WyoHusker56 said:

This is why the B1G shouldn't have rushed to postpone. If they had waited until even an October start they could have done this very safely. Between the SalivaDirect and now this test they could test players daily and before and after games etc. Plus there are even more tests on the verge of approval that can boost testing even more. 

Psssst.....they could still have an October start. That’s what’s so frustrating about this. 

• Plus1 6
  • Fire 1
53 minutes ago, Notre Dame Joe said:

Lol.   Now that story is obviously nothing more than Michigan Coach spin.  Mich Governor has declared no Mich cfb - period so at no time will Mich or Mich St playing, no matter what Big Ten decides.  I am not sure she will let  em play in spring.
So the reports say.  There is so much fake news, fake leaking, lying, etc its is hard to believe anything.  

Big Ten refused to prove it even has a vote when it publicly said so but members say - not so fast.   

• Plus1 1

5 hours ago, 84HuskerLaw said:

Lol.   Now that story is obviously nothing more than Michigan Coach spin.  Mich Governor has declared no Mich cfb - period so at no time will Mich or Mich St playing, no matter what Big Ten decides.  I am not sure she will let  em play in spring.
So the reports say.  There is so much fake news, fake leaking, lying, etc its is hard to believe anything.  

Big Ten refused to prove it even has a vote when it publicly said so but members say - not so fast.   

Thats why I think the Big10 should say there will be no sanctioned big10 football games. But each member institution can play a season and coordinate directly with other member institutions if they so choose. Then they are still playing it safe legally and it is up to each individual institution if they want to play. 

No official big10 title this year- but if Ohio State goes undefeated they are eligible for CFP

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1
39 minutes ago, Huskers93-97 said:

Thats why I think the Big10 should say there will be no sanctioned big10 football games. But each member institution can play a season and coordinate directly with other member institutions if they so choose.

But they would never do this, sir. Because if successfully executed, it would make them look like idiots for having cancelled in the first place.

That's why Warren came out with his strong-arm statement to NU that we wouldn't be a part of the conference if we played any ball this fall.

• Plus1 2
27 minutes ago, Undone said:

But they would never do this, sir. Because if successfully executed, it would make them look like idiots for having cancelled in the first place.

That's why Warren came out with his strong-arm statement to NU that we wouldn't be a part of the conference if we played any ball this fall.

At least they would avoid parent lawsuits for holding down member schools. Will they not look equally idiotic if they sit the season out and the big12, sec and acc complete a season and hold a CFP and crown national champion?

• Plus1 1

The Big Ten presidents and chancellors think they are the Ivy League with better sports. I mentioned this in another thread, but Delany once threatened that if college kids get paid like professionals for sports the Big Ten might go to an olympic sport and Div3 football model. I think someone mentioned that it was an idol threat from Delany, but I think he knew what he was dealing with in the academic world of the Big Ten. The Big Ten receives enough research money and CIC money they could continue to operate academically just like the ivy league. 

The Big Ten was in the lead on conference expansion, BTN, stipends, guaranteed tuition/medical and other items with Delany in charge and the other conferences hated it. The Big Ten was even in the lead on how to deal with COVID until they cancelled. Now the ACC/SEC and Big12 see an opening to stick a nail in the Big Ten coffin if they pull this off. ESPN will even turn on the Big Ten since they got in bed with FOX/BTN. And Notre Dame, a midwest school that doesn't have much love for the Big Ten either has joined in. 

So what will be the outcome?  NFL ready players will leave (Michigan has lost their left tackle and best corner already) and not play in the Spring or Dome football  if that even happens. Younger studs will start to think transfer for next fall instead of playing in the Spring. Recruits that came to play Football and not 'play school' will rethink commitments before the Feb deadline. The Big Ten will take a talent hit, and ND and the  Big12 will be the beneficiaries along with some northeastern ACC schools. OSU is really the only team keeping the Big Ten relevant in the playoff era, anyway. If it is sustained, Harbaugh will go back to the NFL, Day will leave for greener recruiting pastures, and coaches like Fleck will use the Big Ten as a stepping stone like he did the MAC.  Fretz and Fitz will stay. Nebraska will admit that they are a football school and leave for the Big12, especially given Michigan and Wiscy were the two Big Ten votes that got them kicked out of the AAU. Maryland and PSU will head for the ACC. Rutgers will get kicked out because they are Rutgers.....

OK I am sort of just kidding here, but it was nice to vent. :P

• Fire 2
4 minutes ago, nic said:

The Big Ten presidents and chancellors think they are the Ivy League with better sports. I mentioned this in another thread, but Delany once threatened that if college kids get paid like professionals for sports the Big Ten might go to an olympic sport and Div3 football model. I think someone mentioned that it was an idol threat from Delany, but I think he knew what he was dealing with in the academic world of the Big Ten. The Big Ten receives enough research money and CIC money they could continue to operate academically just like the ivy league. 

The Big Ten was in the lead on conference expansion, BTN, stipends, guaranteed tuition/medical and other items with Delany in charge and the other conferences hated it. The Big Ten was even in the lead on how to deal with COVID until they cancelled. Now the ACC/SEC and Big12 see an opening to stick a nail in the Big Ten coffin if they pull this off. ESPN will even turn on the Big Ten since they got in bed with FOX/BTN. And Notre Dame, a midwest school that doesn't have much love for the Big Ten either has joined in. 

So what will be the outcome?  NFL ready players will leave (Michigan has lost their left tackle and best corner already) and not play in the Spring or Dome football  if that even happens. Younger studs will start to think transfer for next fall instead of playing in the Spring. Recruits that came to play Football and not 'play school' will rethink commitments before the Feb deadline. The Big Ten will take a talent hit, and ND and the  Big12 will be the beneficiaries along with some northeastern ACC schools. OSU is really the only team keeping the Big Ten relevant in the playoff era, anyway. If it is sustained, Harbaugh will go back to the NFL, Day will leave for greener recruiting pastures, and coaches like Fleck will use the Big Ten as a stepping stone like he did the MAC.  Fretz and Fitz will stay. Nebraska will admit that they are a football school and leave for the Big12, especially given Michigan and Wiscy were the two Big Ten votes that got them kicked out of the AAU. Maryland and PSU will head for the ACC. Rutgers will get kicked out because they are Rutgers.....

OK I am sort of just kidding here, but it was nice to vent. :P

It could not happen that way. But honestly depending how crazy the big 10 gets- it could go that way.

Hey on a seperate note- has Desmond Howard announced his apology yet for being a prick calling for Nebraska to get kicked out of the big10? 

41 minutes ago, nic said:

The Big Ten presidents and chancellors think they are the Ivy League with better sports.

I think the president's probably should have that type of mindset. 99.9% of the students are there to do s#!t outside of play sports. That being said, it's on Warren to feel out not only the presidents, but the ADs, the Coaches, the Players, and hell even the player's families. Warren just took what the presidents said and ran with it.

Side note, Warren will make a great NFL commish. They want a guy that will do whatever the owners tell him to - Warren proved that he is more than capable of that.