Will There Be a 2020 Football Season?

Chances of a 2020 season?   

58 members have voted

1. 1. Chances of a 2020 season?

• Full 12 Game Schedule
    • Shortened Season
    • No Games Played

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/12/2020 at 06:09 PM

1 minute ago, suh_fan93 said:

Maybe i'm just spit-balling here but why doesn't the Big Ten allow each school to schedule on their own this fall? Let each school play as few or as many games as they would like so long as they get a piece of the TV revenue whether BTN or otherwise. No conference title, no divisions and essentially each team acting as an independent within the structure of the Big Ten TV network?

Yes, it would be messy but at this point, it's a big mess anyways. At least then each school would have autonomy to act in their best interests while being as aggressive or conservative as they are comfortable being all things considered?

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 1
15 minutes ago, suh_fan93 said:

Even disregarding the other nonsense that has been going on for the past few weeks, this "circus" alone is a telltale sign of poor leadership (or no leadership). Then when you add the other mismanagement and poor communication, ugh. When this is all said and done, heads will be rolling. 

• Plus1 2
4 minutes ago, Ulty said:

Even disregarding the other nonsense that has been going on for the past few weeks, this "circus" alone is a telltale sign of poor leadership (or no leadership). Then when you add the other mismanagement and poor communication, ugh. When this is all said and done, heads will be rolling. 

He literally just told you the Presidents (who all agreed to not have a season) and head coaches are going in two different directions.  You're free to make your own assumptions regardless.

4 minutes ago, Wistrom Disciple said:

Maybe i'm just spit-balling here but why doesn't the Big Ten allow each school to schedule on their own this fall? Let each school play as few or as many games as they would like so long as they get a piece of the TV revenue whether BTN or otherwise. No conference title, no divisions and essentially each team acting as an independent within the structure of the Big Ten TV network?

Yes, it would be messy but at this point, it's a big mess anyways. At least then each school would have autonomy to act in their best interests while being as aggressive or conservative as they are comfortable being all things considered?

This is a reasonable and sound approach to the situation.

Which means the B1G won't do it. :lol:

In all honesty, I think there's a lot of egos in play here right now and an unwillingness to admit to being wrong or at least going about this the wrong way. In addition, many of the presidents are concerned about the health aspect of all this and I'm not sure if their opinions have changed.

• Haha 1
2 minutes ago, Enhance said:

This is a reasonable and sound approach to the situation.

Which means the B1G won't do it. :lol:

In all honesty, I think there's a lot of egos in play here right now and an unwillingness to admit to being wrong or at least going about this the wrong way. In addition, many of the presidents are concerned about the health aspect of all this and I'm not sure if their opinions have changed.

Did you see Warrens shrine to himself on the wall behind him in the B1G interview. The ego on that man might have its own atmosphere.

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Fire 2

The bold could be the means by which the B1G could 'save face'.  Use the new rapid testing as a means to say  " Well now that we have this test, we can most assuredly have games played.  In our immeasurable wisdom, we will now release the schools to play a fall schedule starting in October."

https://journalstar.com/sports/huskers/football/report-thanksgiving-start-among-options-for-big-ten-football/article_a07d51ba-c326-53b1-a6dd-e9eb2c6386cb.amp.html

UNL Chancellor Ronnie Green talked through his own hypothetical about deciding to play football later this fall during a radio interview last week and cited developments in rapid-return COVID-19 testing as one of the reasons he thought it was at least possible, though unlikely. 

"This would be a game-changer for us," said Green, who is only publicly known member of the Big Ten's Council of Presidents and Chancellors to vote against postponing the season. "If the FDA and the CDC recognize this is a valid individual testing mechanism, where now you can actually make that work. And you can make it work regularly and you have the availability of the tests and so forth and so on."

• Plus1 5

The interesting thing to watch in this will be that I believe the Chancellors/Presidents have to vote on any schedules to be approved. Their appetite to do that is probably going to be pretty drastically changed since early August. Especially the ones who were on the fence before, they're probably going to be thinking about this differently.

30 minutes ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

Did you see Warrens shrine to himself on the wall behind him in the B1G interview. The ego on that man might have its own atmosphere.

I couldn't believe that when I saw it. Who does that?! I would have believed you if you told me that clip was a parody with a KW look-alike.