Will There Be a 2020 Football Season?

Chances of a 2020 season?   

58 members have voted

1. 1. Chances of a 2020 season?

• Full 12 Game Schedule
    • Shortened Season
    • No Games Played

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/12/2020 at 06:09 PM

53 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

I talked to a researcher that says there's a theory that vitamin D (more sunlight) might help in immune response to covid, but still in the early stages of testing so still VERY speculative.

I think lack of vitamen D is a precursor to many diseases. Not sure if you can treat after with vitamen D as it takes three-six months to get levels up- but I'm no doctor. Vitamen C they say can help prevent colds, but cannot assist with curing them.  It just help your resistancy.  But then on the other hand Vitamen K is given and cures certain diseases, so maybe.  

However, the sun actually kills the virus.  So I would think transmission would be more difficult if it cannot live on surfaces.  

11 minutes ago, Atbone95 said:

Phase IV specifically says that 100% capacity is allowed if 6ft distance can be maintained. I highly doubt that means 90k is feasible come August, but it does mean that ~50k is probably pretty doable. 

Not sure how youd get more 20,000 6 feet apart.  Thats about every third seat in every other row.  

• Plus1 2

On 6/16/2020 at 6:22 AM, Atbone95 said:

Phase IV specifically says that 100% capacity is allowed if 6ft distance can be maintained. I highly doubt that means 90k is feasible come August, but it does mean that ~50k is probably pretty doable. 

My math says if 6’ distancing has to be maintained then the approx. max capacity at Memorial would be maybe 12,000. First thing you have to completely eliminate every other row, cutting it to 50%. Then you would have to eliminate 3 of every 4 remaining seats, so 75% of the remaining. That gives you roughly 11,250 butts in seats. Then what, maybe another 1000 without seats. Personally I think they will create a way to get more (and maybe all) in there but if anyone is serious about 6’ spacing, it won’t be more than about 12k.

If it comes to that, I think they should just allow the band and all the students that want in and that’s it. How can they prohibit the students and then equitably determine which 12k get in? Probably won’t be an issue though as people everywhere seem to be getting really good at ignoring what makes sense to limit transmission and dolla bills are driving decisions.

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1
On 6/9/2020 at 1:23 PM, krc1995 said:

I think lack of vitamen D is a precursor to many diseases. Not sure if you can treat after with vitamen D as it takes three-six months to get levels up- but I'm no doctor. Vitamen C they say can help prevent colds, but cannot assist with curing them.  It just help your resistancy.  But then on the other hand Vitamen K is given and cures certain diseases, so maybe.  

However, the sun actually kills the virus.  So I would think transmission would be more difficult if it cannot live on surfaces.  

I know when I give some Vitamin D everyone feels better.

• Haha 3
9 hours ago, JJ Husker said:

My math says if 6’ distancing has to be maintained then the approx. max capacity at Memorial would be maybe 12,000. First thing you have to completely eliminate every other row, cutting it to 50%. Then you would have to eliminate 3 of every 4 remaining seats, so 75% of the remaining. That gives you roughly 11,250 butts in seats. Then what, maybe another 1000 without seats. Personally I think they will create a way to get more (and maybe all) in there but if anyone is serious about 6’ spacing, it won’t be more than about 12k.

If it comes to that, I think they should just allow the band and all the students that want in and that’s it. How can they prohibit the students and then equitably determine which 12k get in? Probably won’t be an issue though as people everywhere seem to be getting really good at ignoring what makes sense to limit transmission and dolla bills are driving decisions.

It gets a little dicey... The basic approach is 6' between "family units". So you can be within 6 feet of the people that you live with or see regularly... It'll be weird, for sure. 

• Plus1 3
  • Fire 1