Will There Be a 2020 Football Season?

Chances of a 2020 season?   

58 members have voted

1. 1. Chances of a 2020 season?

• Full 12 Game Schedule
    • Shortened Season
    • No Games Played

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/12/2020 at 06:09 PM

8 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

I didn't say we were going to go undefeated.  You just did to my post what you accuse me of doing.  Thinking I'm saying something I'm not.

I simply was throwing out an example of what would cause fans to think the season meant more than what they claim it will right now.

It was really just a lighthearted comment, seeing as playing the games is actually in question. Honestly I think this whole mess - all of it - is messing with our brains.

6 minutes ago, Undone said:

It was really just a lighthearted comment, seeing as playing the games is actually in question. Honestly I think this whole mess - all of it - is messing with our brains.

It's maddening.  I was traveling all day yesterday and was busy this morning.  So, hadn't really heard much news on this.  Get on and.....still no vote and we don't know anything more than we did on Friday.

The Big Ten leadership is looking more and more incompetent each day on this subject.

OK....gotta ask.  What the heck does COPC stand for?

• Plus1 1
21 minutes ago, jaws said:

Maybe if a few more OSU players declare for the draft, Michigan will see a chance at a W and decide to play. 

Michigan already lost their best DB and starting left tackle to the NFL over this. Losing those positions will not bode well against OSU anyway. Michigan doesn't have the 5 star depth the O$U has.

11 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

It's maddening.  I was traveling all day yesterday and was busy this morning.  So, hadn't really heard much news on this.  Get on and.....still no vote and we don't know anything more than we did on Friday.

The Big Ten leadership is looking more and more incompetent each day on this subject.

Agreed for sure.

Since speculating in this thread is possibly all we have left of a Husker season, here are some random thoughts.

If there's any truth to this stuff of "if we meet a minimum threshold of votes, everybody has to play" it seems like just one more way that the conference is making it harder than it has to be.

Pure speculation here, but I wonder if the schools that are adamant about not playing said to Warren something along the lines of "Look, if the BTN network divvies out football revenue to anybody, it's going to get split among all teams because the reason we're choosing to not play is because of safety."

The bleeping SOB's.  One report I read said there was no plan to reconvene.

You Know...I heard there has been a new subgroup of AA formed.  It's membership has been limited to the leadership of U. of Michigan and  U. Texas and their fans.  You have to be an Arrogant A$$hole to get in and they just extended an invitation to join to the leadership of the Big Ten.

I always kind of figured the Big 10 had their sh#t together better than the Big XII. Apparently I was always wrong. I looked up "B1G management" today and the result said "see clusterfuçk".

This seriously has gone way outside the lines of competent leadership. Some of these do nothing spineless weasels need to be fired. I'm actually starting to think Warren may be in an impossible position having to relay what these incompetents won't decide and stand behind.

• Haha 3
On 9/12/2020 at 4:05 PM, Guy Chamberlin said:

Wait. The fans are fed up?  I reckon they have been inconvenienced for several weeks now. That's the real story of America's civil rights struggle:  why won't these colored fellows just dance and jump for our amusement? 

(actually a majority of the folks who make this country incredible support these athlete protests)

https://sports.yahoo.com/poll-most-americans-fine-with-players-protesting-speaking-out-153254478.html

Pretty sure nobody is saying that.  

• Plus1 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Fire 1
3 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

I always kind of figured the Big 10 had their sh#t together better than the Big XII. Apparently I was always wrong. I looked up "B1G management" today and the result said "see clusterfuçk".

This seriously has gone way outside the lines of competent leadership. Some of these do nothing spineless weasels need to be fired. I'm actually starting to think Warren may be in an impossible position having to relay what these incompetents won't decide and stand behind.

The problem with the Big Ten is that they are too full of themselves and are so focused on academia.  Now, Texas was definitely full of themselves, but they (and the rest of the Big 12) also realized athletics were an important part of their universities.  That's why they have a lack of leadership thinking about athletics.

• Fire 1
8 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

The problem with the Big Ten is that they are too full of themselves and are so focused on academia.  Now, Texas was definitely full of themselves, but they (and the rest of the Big 12) also realized athletics were an important part of their universities.  That's why they have a lack of leadership thinking about athletics.

This is so true.

• Fire 1