Will There Be a 2020 Football Season?

Chances of a 2020 season?   

58 members have voted

1. 1. Chances of a 2020 season?

• Full 12 Game Schedule
    • Shortened Season
    • No Games Played

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/12/2020 at 06:09 PM

Just now, Savage Husker said:

Let people and entities make their own choices, it doesn’t make sense to force schools into an either or decision.

Exactly. No reason to force Rutgers to play because Nebraska wants to, and no reason to force Nebraska to sit because Rutgers wants to.

Although I wonder if this decision isn't being driven by a revenue-sharing discussion. If a school doesn't play, do they get a share of the revenue? Is that fair to the schools who do play?

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Fire 1

9 minutes ago, Mavric said:

I swear if Rutgers screws this up for us...

6 minutes ago, knapplc said:

That would seem to point toward no football.  Too many schools like Rutgers & Wisconsin with too many local outbreaks.

Alvarez was quoted as saying they could be ready in as little as 3 weeks and he wasn't worried about the current pause in athletics. So, I don't think Wisconsin would be out. Rutgers is obviously the worthless program here, which we knew.

1 minute ago, Mavric said:

I don't doubt this based on their bylaws. 60% vote needed or 9 schools to move forward.

Looks like NU, Iowa, Wisc., Ohio State  , Penn State, Purdue, and Indiana are in.

MSU, and Maryland are out according to sources. Making that assumption right now.

Illinois,  Northwestern, Minnesota, Michigan , Rutgers are ???

No idea how this will go. If they vote no , then I see a major $hit show of angry fans from the schools who want to play and some lawsuits to boot.

1 minute ago, knapplc said:

Exactly. No reason to force Rutgers to play because Nebraska wants to, and no reason to force Nebraska to sit because Rutgers wants to.

Although I wonder if this decision isn't being driven by a revenue-sharing discussion. If a school doesn't play, do they get a share of the revenue? Is that fair to the schools who do play?

If I were to manage this I’d say that a school which doesn’t play then they shouldn’t complain about anything they don’t get, but with that said, it’s a conference and I think a *very* small percentage of revenue should be shared. Revenue will be gained from viewers in those regions and it’s the right thing to do.

• Fire 1
3 minutes ago, knapplc said:

Great point. Although I would imagine Nebraska, Ohio State, etc. would share TV revenues if they got to play and could keep their parking, concessions, ticket money, etc. Not fair to the schools putting their players and coaches out there but at the same time, the current situation isn't fair either. I think the programs wanting to play and keep from firing staff or cutting sports would take whatever they could right now. 

3 minutes ago, Savage Husker said:

If I were to manage this I’d say that a school which doesn’t play then they shouldn’t complain about anything they don’t get, but with that said, it’s a conference and I think a *very* small percentage of revenue should be shared. Revenue will be gained from viewers in those regions and it’s the right thing to do.

I agree. Any school voting no should get a $1000 piece of the pie. If they want more they can vote yes.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

One way to be more sure is to click on the link I generously provided. 

I was focusing on this part, and it was my opinion, purely subjective.

"Wait. The fans are fed up?  I reckon they have been inconvenienced for several weeks now. That's the real story of America's civil rights struggle:  why won't these colored fellows just dance and jump for our amusement?". 

But hey, the media, they never slant any reporting.  

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Fire 1
20 minutes ago, knapplc said:

That's a pickle inst it?  Honestly, I don't know what you do here.  I am guessing its a percentage breakdown vs equal for all.