Will There Be a 2020 Football Season?

Chances of a 2020 season?   

58 members have voted

1. 1. Chances of a 2020 season?

• Full 12 Game Schedule
    • Shortened Season
    • No Games Played

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/12/2020 at 06:09 PM

3 minutes ago, TonyStalloni said:

But if the vote is 8-6 then the 6 win and officially no one can play. Will the 8 tow the company line or will they go it alone in spite of the little 6?

It all depends on the votes before. If they were not done correctly, then it may be the other way around with the No votes needing 9 to stop play by the rest. 

• Fire 1
1 hour ago, CAHusker said:

That's a pickle inst it?  Honestly, I don't know what you do here.  I am guessing its a percentage breakdown vs equal for all.

Do we keep our gate sales and concessions? Advertising and donor money?  Or is that shared, too? 

I really don’t know. Is the 50 mil we get tv revenue and money for bowl stuff, etc. 

1 hour ago, knapplc said:

I don't read that as her making any decision, she's more conveying what the conference has decided.

And that’s her job to speak for the conference? Not sure, but I thought the BIG had a paid person to do the talking. 

I’m sure everyone is pretty frustrated with the BIG. 

3 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

What you have here is exactly what you try to avoid when setting up any organization that is ruled by voting of a body.  You NEVER make it have to be unanimous because otherwise, the minority rules.

What good is having a board like this if the vote to play is 13-1 and the 1 vote rules?

Good Friggen Lord....these people are smarter than this.

2 hours ago, JJ Husker said:

I don't interpret it that way. What I see is if they meet the 60% (9 schools) vote requirement then all B1G schools will have to play. No opting out.

I get the need to hold the line but there may be 'territorial' problems with this.  For example NJ has some of the worst Covid stats in the world.  Something could go wrong in NJ or the state gov could effectively forbid it.  So why should Rutgers be forced to play football with the midwestern teams who aren't in the same boat?  And really, I think your conference can last one football season without them. 

• Plus1 2

31 minutes ago, Notre Dame Joe said:

I get the need to hold the line but there may be 'territorial' problems with this.  For example NJ has some of the worst Covid stats in the world.  Something could go wrong in NJ or the state gov could effectively forbid it.  So why should Rutgers be forced to play football with the midwestern teams who aren't in the same boat?  And really, I think your conference can last one football season without them. 

Lots of possible solutions. Forfeit. Play home games at neutral sites. Play all games as away team. Whatever happens, I'm sure they'll make allowances for any locations that can't make it work  And nobody cares if Rutgers wants to skip the whole season anyway. 

My POV is, they are in the conference so competing in the conference is pretty much a necessity of remaining in the conference, just the flip side of not letting a handful of schools play outside the B1G. IMO they can't enforce one way but not the other and we already know what their answer was to Nebraska seeking games elsewhere.

• Plus1 3
3 hours ago, krc1995 said:

Do we keep our gate sales and concessions? Advertising and donor money?  Or is that shared, too? 

I really don’t know. Is the 50 mil we get tv revenue and money for bowl stuff, etc. 

I believe that the only money that is shared equally across the schools is the TV money and the net proceeds from conference championship events (if the event is in the black).

NU’s revenue from home games goes to NU only.  That’s why they stand to lose so much more revenue than lesser schools.  NU would like to have at least limited attendance to make up for other lost revenue. 

• Fire 1
17 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

I believe that the only money that is shared equally across the schools is the TV money and the net proceeds from conference championship events (if the event is in the black).

NU’s revenue from home games goes to NU only.  That’s why they stand to lose so much more revenue than lesser schools.  NU would like to have at least limited attendance to make up for other lost revenue. 

2020 stadium slice of Vals...cost 375 dollars.  

• Plus1 1