Will There Be a 2020 Football Season?

Chances of a 2020 season?   

58 members have voted

1. 1. Chances of a 2020 season?

• Full 12 Game Schedule
    • Shortened Season
    • No Games Played

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/12/2020 at 06:09 PM

Apparently the PAC-12's most aggressive time table is to resume in mid-November? Would probably end up being Thanksgiving weekend. "Schools in the states of California and Oregon still have not been cleared by public health officials to resume contact practices, let alone games."

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/29886729/mid-late-november-most-aggressive-return-target-date-pac-12-source-says

7 hours ago, Notre Dame Joe said:

I get the need to hold the line but there may be 'territorial' problems with this.  For example NJ has some of the worst Covid stats in the world.  Something could go wrong in NJ or the state gov could effectively forbid it.  So why should Rutgers be forced to play football with the midwestern teams who aren't in the same boat?  And really, I think your conference can last one football season without them. 

I think we could last every season without them 

• Plus1 1

7 hours ago, ColoradoHusk said:

I agree with you, but with all-conference games, it lessens the liabilities of facing teams outside the Big Ten.

Unless one of those big 10 teams lives somewhere with big covid numbers, it shouldn’t be that hard to setup a replacement non con game with testing procedures to match big 10 requirements. 

If they want to require everyone move forward then fine. You can opt out of every game but it gets logged as a forfeit and you lose your tv revenue share for that game 

• Plus1 1
3 hours ago, Huskers93-97 said:

Unless one of those big 10 teams lives somewhere with big covid numbers, it shouldn’t be that hard to setup a replacement non con game with testing procedures to match big 10 requirements. 

If they want to require everyone move forward then fine. You can opt out of every game but it gets logged as a forfeit and you lose your tv revenue share for that game 

Agree.