Will There Be a 2020 Football Season?

Chances of a 2020 season?   

58 members have voted

1. 1. Chances of a 2020 season?

• Full 12 Game Schedule
    • Shortened Season
    • No Games Played

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/12/2020 at 06:09 PM

11 hours ago, teachercd said:

Those of you that live in lincoln, what is the deal right now with the bars?  People can go in with masks?  Limits on how many people?  No rules at all?

tailgating? 

Not exactly a bar but I'm sitting in Buzzard Billy's right now and no one has masks on at the tables or at the bar. Just the employees.

Sign on the door says you have to have one on to get in but that's apparently it.

• Thanks 2

47 minutes ago, Mavric said:

Not exactly a bar but I'm sitting in Buzzard Billy's right now and no one has masks on at the tables or at the bar. Just the employees.

Sign on the door says you have to have one on to get in but that's apparently it.

This is why I'm not counting on the Huskers actually playing...

edit: I really wasn't trying to be funny.  Lancaster County's current positive testing rate is 11.9% according to this site.  There is rumblings that the B1G won't play in areas greater than 7%.  Maybe I'm reading this wrong, but under these numbers the Huskers currently wouldn't be allowed to practice, let alone play.  Oh well, it is what it is.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Mavric said:

That’s how we’ve been since July. Mask on to your table. How would you eat with a mask on? 

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
2 hours ago, funhusker said:

edit: I really wasn't trying to be funny.  Lancaster County's current positive testing rate is 11.9% according to this site.  There is rumblings that the B1G won't play in areas greater than 7%.  Maybe I'm reading this wrong, but under these numbers the Huskers currently wouldn't be allowed to practice, let alone play.  Oh well, it is what it is.

We need more negative people to go test. 

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, funhusker said:

In the B1G Guidelines, population positive rate is just the people that interact with the players from my understanding - support staff. That alone can't cancel a game, the team positive rate has to be in the red as well. 

I expect these numbers to be much lower than the Lancaster positive rate. These will be asymptomatic people tested everyday regardless of symptoms - not people coming in to get tested because they have symptoms or suspect they've been exposed. 

• Plus1 1

because they had their heads up their butts and the season is starting so late with no wiggle room I can already imagine a lot of this happening:  "Coach, Wandale tested positive for Corona". "hey can I see that test sample and oh send in Johnny Walk-on".  "bad news Johnny you have covid and will have to sit out 21 days.  Good news is we did trace testing and you were nowhere near Wandale."

• Haha 6

So, as to the daily testing:

1.   do we have the actual documentation from Big Ten as to the testing itself or just more reports in abbreviated / summary form?   

2.  Is the 5% figure based on any one team or is it conference wide? 

3.  If Mich gets a 5% positive number (for example say 10 cases out of 200 players, coaches, etc), does that stop entire conference for three weeks?

4.  Does the local/state/county rate apply?

5.   Is the rate just actual positive tests or ‘suspects’ ?

6.  Does that antigen test find only those who have active viral infections or does it also catch prior infections from 30 or 60 or even 90 days before (i have read it does but?). ?

hopefully some med experts can explain.  

Obviously if the numbers are about right, the chances are games or season wont happen.  A dozen cases is probably already happened in Lincoln by now.  I believe NU has had some positives, correct?  

• Plus1 1
1 minute ago, 84HuskerLaw said:

So, as to the daily testing:

1.   do we have the actual documentation from Big Ten as to the testing itself or just more reports in abbreviated / summary form?   

2.  Is the 5% figure based on any one team or is it conference wide? 

3.  If Mich gets a 5% positive number (for example say 10 cases out of 200 players, coaches, etc), does that stop entire conference for three weeks?

4.  Does the local/state/county rate apply?

5.   Is the rate just actual positive tests or ‘suspects’ ?

6.  Does that antigen test find only those who have active viral infections or does it also catch prior infections from 30 or 60 or even 90 days before (i have read it does but?). ?

hopefully some med experts can explain.  

Obviously if the numbers are about right, the chances are games or season wont happen.  A dozen cases is probably already happened in Lincoln by now.  I believe NU has had some positives, correct?  

1 - Yes

2 - No

3 - No

4 - No

5 - Yes

6 - No

• Plus1 2