Will There Be a 2020 Football Season?

Chances of a 2020 season?   

58 members have voted

1. 1. Chances of a 2020 season?

• Full 12 Game Schedule
    • Shortened Season
    • No Games Played

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/12/2020 at 06:09 PM

14 hours ago, lo country said:

We can keep the athletes as a safe as possible, but they will still attend school, attend parties, embark on "life" etc....There's no way to live in a bubble.

That's true, but they won't be traveling to several states, having hundreds from other states traveling to them, being confined into small airplane cabins, spending time in hotels and so forth, which are all big factors in increased spreading.

• Plus1 1
47 minutes ago, teachercd said:

I think most of us are realizing that there won't be a season.  I am guessing we hear an announcement in the next couple weeks.   

I think they're going to make it to fall camp, but too many kids at too many schools are going to get sick, and their hands are going to be forced. 

• Plus1 2
1 minute ago, Cdog923 said:

I think they're going to make it to fall camp, but too many kids at too many schools are going to get sick, and their hands are going to be forced. 

When does fall camp start?  I bet you are right...they start camp and like a week later schools start canceling. 

8 hours ago, Landlord said:

That's true, but they won't be traveling to several states, having hundreds from other states traveling to them, being confined into small airplane cabins, spending time in hotels and so forth, which are all big factors in increased spreading.

My main take away was that there is no way to singularly focus on only the "football" aspect without realizing all the other encounters that simply can't be controlled.

If the goal is a 100% safe football (sports in general) season I do not see how it can be done. Even being vigilant, people are still getting it.....

2 hours ago, teachercd said:

I think most of us are realizing that there won't be a season.  I am guessing we hear an announcement in the next couple weeks.   

I'm to the point that channels need to just plan to fill the season with previous great games and just football period.  I'd love to watch (biased) the complete 94-95 season of the Huskers play out again on tv...UT vs USC, Game of the Century etc...As a fan, I'd love to watch other teams greatest games as well.  Just put some form of college ball on....

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
19 minutes ago, lo country said:

I'm to the point that channels need to just plan to fill the season with previous great games and just football period.  I'd love to watch (biased) the complete 94-95 season of the Huskers play out again on tv...UT vs USC, Game of the Century etc...As a fan, I'd love to watch other teams greatest games as well.  Just put some form of college ball on....

I hooked up a projector and played the Boise Oklahoma fiesta bowl on the side of my house the other night. Did a bonfire and beers. Football is good for the soul.

Edit: I forgot the point of my post; pretty much any game you want is on YouTube.

• Plus1 3
  • Fire 1

Michigan athletics reported no new COVID cases in the last couple weeks. They only had 2 show up with COVID in the first place. On the surface this sounds good, but they are probably living on borrowed time. Seems like the teams with lots of cases now will be better off when the season starts. I wonder if the teams like Houston that had a few dozen kids show up with COVID, just let that group practice together. 

1 hour ago, lo country said:

I've bounced around the idea of suggesting that the board do a "weekly watch party" of an old game on Twitch or something; we vote during the week on which game we'd watch then chat about the game during it. 

• Plus1 1
19 hours ago, 84HuskerLaw said:

Same point as before.  Masks or not, it will not matter in the end.  Virus will rage on until we all have it or vaccine is found.  Probably better to get it sooner than later.  

Lets get back to living.  

When did this thread only become about masks? We completely shut down the economy to flatten the curve as to not overwhelm the system because masks didn’t work.  Then we slowly reopen the economy and it’s a shocker when cases go up.  If we are still trying to “flatten the curve” and can do so by wearing a mask- then wear a mask but quit being shocked that the virus is still being transmitted.  The whole premise of flatten the curve is that we will all be exposed at some point. 

My question, is the flatten the curve Phase over and now were In a zero transmission only phase?  If so, shut the whole thing down again. It’s the only way. 

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1
1 hour ago, krc1995 said:

When did this thread only become about masks? We completely shut down the economy to flatten the curve as to not overwhelm the system because masks didn’t work.  Then we slowly reopen the economy and it’s a shocker when cases go up.  If we are still trying to “flatten the curve” and can do so by wearing a mask- then wear a mask but quit being shocked that the virus is still being transmitted.  The whole premise of flatten the curve is that we will all be exposed at some point. 

My question, is the flatten the curve Phase over and now were In a zero transmission only phase?  If so, shut the whole thing down again. It’s the only way. 

When did anyone say that masks don't work? And when were they a focal point of the initial lockdown phase?

• Plus1 2