Will There Be a 2020 Football Season?

Chances of a 2020 season?   

58 members have voted

1. 1. Chances of a 2020 season?

• Full 12 Game Schedule
    • Shortened Season
    • No Games Played

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/12/2020 at 06:09 PM

2 hours ago, Cdog923 said:

I've bounced around the idea of suggesting that the board do a "weekly watch party" of an old game on Twitch or something; we vote during the week on which game we'd watch then chat about the game during it. 

Great idea.  Be great to live chat about an old game in the game day thread.  As @FrantzHardySwag said, I might do the same thing.  Tail gate some great games.

1 hour ago, lo country said:

Great idea.  Be great to live chat about an old game in the game day thread.  As @FrantzHardySwag said, I might do the same thing.  Tail gate some great games.

This is my next choice. West Virginia would have been in the natty if they won this. They were 28 point favorites, had Pat White, Steve Slaton, and Noel Divine. They boat raced Oklahoma in the bowl game - but somehow lost this game. I think about this game every football season, finally have the time to see WTF actually happened. 

2 hours ago, Cdog923 said:

When did anyone say that masks don't work? And when were they a focal point of the initial lockdown phase?

Did you just start paying attention? The WHO and the CDC both said that masks were not going to work in March and the only thing that would slow the spread was a shutdown of all non essential activities. The WHO just reversed this on a June 5th. The CDC did in sometime in April. Immediately before the shutdown- early March maybe, I attended a state Zoom meeting for educational supervisors. We were told that masks would not work to prevent the spread, although I think everyone secretly suspected differently, and that to expect school closures for an indefinite period of time to be eminent. I still have the print out. 

Don't go out unless you really have to.

Wear a mask and wash your hands.

Stop peacefully protesting for a few months.

Stop Legion ball

Stop summer conditioning

Stop going to the beach unless you are wearing one of those old timey diver suits and masks that look like a fish bowl.

Don't have those lame "social distance" gathers where you sit outside and pretend like you are 6 feet away and not spreading germs.

Don't shake hands but also don't do that lame elbow touch thing, not because of the spread, just because it is stupid.  

Don't form an autonomous country unless it is actually in another country.

Don't go to church, you will be fine.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1

McMaster says if COVID-19 cases continue spike crowd restrictions may continue into the Fall

CHARLESTON, S.C. (WCSC) - Gov. Henry McMaster said if COVID-19 cases continue to increase in South Carolina, current restrictions on crowds may continue into the Fall.

“If we continue to see this kind of danger going across our state, we will have no choice but to keep these restrictions on crowds and gatherings in place, and that means this Fall will not be like other Falls. We will not be able to have college football, would not be able to have high school football,” McMaster said during a press conference on Wednesday afternoon.

Wear a mask if you want football.

15 minutes ago, teachercd said:

Stop Legion ball

Stop summer conditioning

Stop going to the beach unless you are wearing one of those old timey diver suits and masks that look like a fish bowl.

Don't have those lame "social distance" gathers where you sit outside and pretend like you are 6 feet away and not spreading germs.

Don't shake hands but also don't do that lame elbow touch thing, not because of the spread, just because it is stupid.  

But continue to go to Walmart, the grocery store, and Home Depot. 

• Plus1 1
24 minutes ago, knapplc said:

So we're doing a pretty poor job of ending the first wave. Wear a mask!

My county in NC specifically got mentioned last week by Dr Birx as a spot to watch.....Not a great way to make the news........Hospital (nationally recognized is doing well).  We were going to open phase 3 about 2 weeks ago, but adjusted to a phase 2.5 (still in phase 2).  Gov just ordered mandatory masks when social distance not applicable, but law enforcement won't enforce.  I wear a mask, don't mind.  Be a better human and all that.  Went out today (Home Depot and Wal Mart) and saw about 99% of folks were masked up.  Masks might not work(I think they do), but people are wearing them like they will.  

• Plus1 2
2 minutes ago, lo country said:

My county in NC specifically got mentioned last week by Dr Birx as a spot to watch.....Not a great way to make the news........Hospital (nationally recognized is doing well).  We were going to open phase 3 about 2 weeks ago, but adjusted to a phase 2.5 (still in phase 2).  Gov just ordered mandatory masks when social distance not applicable, but law enforcement won't enforce.  I wear a mask, don't mind.  Be a better human and all that.  Went out today (Home Depot and Wal Mart) and saw about 99% of folks were masked up.  Masks might not work(I think they do), but people are wearing them like they will.  

Masks won't stop the virus, but they'll slow it down enough that we can (hopefully) get it under control.

There's a reason South Korea fared so much better with this virus than we did - masks have been part of their culture for a long, long time. For some reason Americans are resistant to wearing masks and here we are.   ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Plus1 3

Yeah, the "I'm not wearing a mask" crowd is odd. It's one of those things were, regardless of your thoughts on covid, you know how germs are spread in general so just put a mask on because it is the nice thing for those who are really concerned about it...and at minimum you are lessening your chances of just getting the cold, etc.

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, teachercd said:

Stop Legion ball

Stop summer conditioning

The CHAZ in Seattle was fun to watch cause you KNEW where it was headed

• Haha 1
3 hours ago, krc1995 said:

Did you just start paying attention? The WHO and the CDC both said that masks were not going to work in March and the only thing that would slow the spread was a shutdown of all non essential activities. The WHO just reversed this on a June 5th. The CDC did in sometime in April. Immediately before the shutdown- early March maybe, I attended a state Zoom meeting for educational supervisors. We were told that masks would not work to prevent the spread, although I think everyone secretly suspected differently, and that to expect school closures for an indefinite period of time to be eminent. I still have the print out. 

You do understand this is a process, correct? Because this is a new disease, we are actually still in the learning phase of it. As we learn more about it, opinions and methodology change. It's the same reason why the people who are trying to troll Fauci for his opinions in January and February are incredibly cringe. Masks were not at the forefront of the discussion at the beginning because 1. we didn't know exactly how the virus was being transmitted, and 2. they were deemed essential for healthcare workers and those caring for sick individuals. 4 months later, we know more about the transmission and that one of the best ways of preventing it is by wearing masks. That's why the majority of the discussion has centered around wearing masks in public to help flatten the curve, or did you just start paying attention? 

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 3
32 minutes ago, Cdog923 said:

You do understand this is a process, correct? Because this is a new disease, we are actually still in the learning phase of it. As we learn more about it, opinions and methodology change. It's the same reason why the people who are trying to troll Fauci for his opinions in January and February are incredibly cringe. Masks were not at the forefront of the discussion at the beginning because 1. we didn't know exactly how the virus was being transmitted, and 2. they were deemed essential for healthcare workers and those caring for sick individuals. 4 months later, we know more about the transmission and that one of the best ways of preventing it is by wearing masks. That's why the majority of the discussion has centered around wearing masks in public to help flatten the curve, or did you just start paying attention? 

Bingo

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1