CB John Howse IV [Vanderbilt Commit]

Mavric

HuskerBoard Predictor  

42 members have voted

1. 1. To which school will Howse commit?

This poll is closed to new votes

44 minutes ago, Mavric said:

You mean like last year we we out-gained Wisconsin and had a better yards-per-rush, yards-per-pass and were better on third down?

Honestly I attribute that mostly to better coaching/play calling.  How did you like that Minnesota game last year?  I think for the most part we've been physically outmatched by those teams pretty consistently the last 5 years. But luckily Frost has addressed it and I believe we've almost seen the end of it.

It does appear that physical size (height atleast) across every position has been prioritized this year and somewhat last as well.  

I think speed was the first priority last year.  Nothing to base this on but the first impressions.  

My thinking is that this recruiting is the desired result of relationships built over twelve to twenty four months or more with Frost and his crew. They clearly sought bigger WRs this time.  I think this will pay dividends in the run game and in red zone scoring.  

O line recruits are maybe more aptly nicknamed the ‘skyline’ than pipeline for now.  

DBs are getting safety sized so long as they can run with the faster WRs and RBs. 

LBs are hunter types but hopefully can really move and tackle well.  They seem aggressive enough and athletic. 

TEs are playmakers not just tall athletes. 

Our QB is a bit of a change up type I guess but maybe I am mistaken as I have not watched his film etc as closely as I trust Frost and Verdi to know exactly who and what he brings.  He is their choice this year.  He kind of reminds me of Brook Berringer and he was a championship caliber from a smaller town on the plains.  He may have the right stuff to complement Luke and Logan the way Brook and Tommie fit together.   

I see this class more as a group which aims to replenish areas of need than show star power although there are some good fb players.  I like this group and with a good finish can be Frost’s best so far.  Amazing considering everything working against us. 

• Plus1 1
4 hours ago, 84HuskerLaw said:

It does appear that physical size (height atleast) across every position has been prioritized this year and somewhat last as well.  

I think speed was the first priority last year.  Nothing to base this on but the first impressions.  

My thinking is that this recruiting is the desired result of relationships built over twelve to twenty four months or more with Frost and his crew. They clearly sought bigger WRs this time.  I think this will pay dividends in the run game and in red zone scoring.  

O line recruits are maybe more aptly nicknamed the ‘skyline’ than pipeline for now.  

DBs are getting safety sized so long as they can run with the faster WRs and RBs. 

LBs are hunter types but hopefully can really move and tackle well.  They seem aggressive enough and athletic. 

TEs are playmakers not just tall athletes. 

Our QB is a bit of a change up type I guess but maybe I am mistaken as I have not watched his film etc as closely as I trust Frost and Verdi to know exactly who and what he brings.  He is their choice this year.  He kind of reminds me of Brook Berringer and he was a championship caliber from a smaller town on the plains.  He may have the right stuff to complement Luke and Logan the way Brook and Tommie fit together.   

I see this class more as a group which aims to replenish areas of need than show star power although there are some good fb players.  I like this group and with a good finish can be Frost’s best so far.  Amazing considering everything working against us. 

I agree with this.  Also for WR's a different coach makes a difference.    Coaches may value the same attributes but the order with which they favor them may be different.    I think Lubick's type will be slightly different than the previous coach's. 

17 minutes ago, flatwaterfan said:

I agree with this.  Also for WR's a different coach makes a difference.    Coaches may value the same attributes but the order with which they favor them may be different.    I think Lubick's type will be slightly different than the previous coach's. 

Yes. DBs is a reflection of Fisher imo.  He wants hard nosed physical guys that can move around and play tough.  He will take a players with the right stuff mentally but wants overall physical  strength and desire vs pure speed etc.  I guess he takes what he can get if course but he believes he can teach technique and skills to any player with the right attitude.  

Maybe I am wrong but I like his approach and do have confidence he will have his secondary playing well enough to win most of our games.  Just my hunch but I see his recruits as good fits no matter how many stars others rate them.  

• Plus1 1
28 minutes ago, 84HuskerLaw said:

Yes. DBs is a reflection of Fisher imo.  He wants hard nosed physical guys that can move around and play tough.  He will take a players with the right stuff mentally but wants overall physical  strength and desire vs pure speed etc.  I guess he takes what he can get if course but he believes he can teach technique and skills to any player with the right attitude.  

Maybe I am wrong but I like his approach and do have confidence he will have his secondary playing well enough to win most of our games.  Just my hunch but I see his recruits as good fits no matter how many stars others rate them.  

Yep.  

• 3 weeks later...

• Mavric changed the title to CB John Howse IV [Vanderbilt Commit]