** 2020 Opponent Previews : Cincinnati (Cancelled) **

On 6/17/2020 at 6:22 PM, swmohusker said:

Might not have to worry about them.  I have heard talk of only having a conference only schedule to shorten the season.  Possibly 10 games.  Would not be shocked if that is a direction that conferences go.  

If true, SDSU would probably be the only OOC game we play. Since they are so close to us. Also, in state rivalries would continue for those who are in different conferences- Utah-BYU, Iowa-Iowa State etc. 

26 minutes ago, HuskermanMike said:

If true, SDSU would probably be the only OOC game we play. Since they are so close to us. Also, in state rivalries would continue for those who are in different conferences- Utah-BYU, Iowa-Iowa State etc. 

I'd love to see us wax Peru State and play a game @ Kearney 

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/17/2020 at 6:22 PM, swmohusker said:

Might not have to worry about them.  I have heard talk of only having a conference only schedule to shorten the season.  Possibly 10 games.  Would not be shocked if that is a direction that conferences go.  

I don’t always quote myself, but when I do....

• Plus1 1

I wondered if we might be able to work something out with Cinci, since they're a large school in Big Ten territory. Problem is, every other school in the conference would have to do the same for that to work...

12 minutes ago, Toe said:

I wondered if we might be able to work something out with Cinci, since they're a large school in Big Ten territory. Problem is, every other school in the conference would have to do the same for that to work...

I think the biggest point to take from this is flexibility for the conference in moving things around if needed due to outbreaks. They can move games back for school X and up for school Y etc.  Scheduling other things takes that flexibility away so I don't see that being allowed.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/9/2020 at 5:47 PM, runningblind said:

I think the biggest point to take from this is flexibility for the conference in moving things around if needed due to outbreaks. They can move games back for school X and up for school Y etc.  Scheduling other things takes that flexibility away so I don't see that being allowed.

there is no viable plan for canceling future games due to outbreaks and having a make up game with another team.

the first cancelation a week before the game will end it all for every one.

I’ll be curious to see when we re-schedule our home game against the Bearcats (and if any additional games are added to the series in the future). Next open slot we have in the OOC is 2024, after that we need a home game in 2027. Given we have a road game @ Cincinnati in 2025, I wonder if we’d play the Bearcats at home in ‘24 and then go on the road in ‘25. If we don’t play them in ‘24 or ‘27, then it’s all the way out to 2029 or 2030 before we see them on the schedule again. 

• Mavric changed the title to ** 2020 Opponent Previews : Cincinnati (Cancelled) **