QB Reese Mooney [Liberty - Signed LOI]

Mavric

HuskerBoard Predictor  

26 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

He also probably doesn't have the best mental read if his team doesn't have a good record and he gets hurried a lot. They run a spread and he faced almost exclusively 3 or 4 man rushes and still had to roll escape pressure 30-40% of the time. Two and a half minutes in a stunt gets run by the d-line and it looks like a guard gets flagged for holding on his scramble. I wonder how much of this plays into the mechanics and footwork that at face value look odd.

I wonder what he looks like when he is consistently blitzed or asked to throw into tight windows in press coverage on timing patterns. I would also question overall arm strength based on the video as well. Some 30-40 yard passes with a clean pocket look like they have a pretty high arc and hang. I would be interested in seeing how he would handle drills.

• Fire 1

On 4/17/2021 at 12:27 PM, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

My daughter graduated from the same HS. I saw him play a few times and didn't think he was anything special, but I'm certainly no expert. Struggled against decent competition.

I've watched a couple of high school kids that didn't look special in high school and wondered why they had Big Ten offers. They both went on and played as freshman and went to the NFL. Sometimes the talent around them can make them look not as good as they actually can be. 

The in-state QB from the previous class is going to be one of those that people didn't think much of and will go and play a ton of football at Nebraska. 

• Mavric changed the title to QB Reese Mooney [Vanderbilt Commit]
  • Mavric changed the title to QB Reese Mooney [Liberty - Signed LOI]