QB Reese Mooney [Liberty - Signed LOI]

Mavric

HuskerBoard Predictor  

26 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 minute ago, Decked said:

Man..that struck a nerve 

Look around the team, are they getting bigger or smaller? Is Luke here? is Wandale here? Is Tyjon here?  I guarantee you that he will get popped and be out and then who is going to come in and lead the team? Why not go after a bigger QB who can take the hits? I mean what is the plan with him even if he is 175 put on 30-50 pounds? Then what does that do to his mechanics?  I love Rudy as much as the next guy but we do not have the luxury of rolling the dice on a undersized QB. 

He has really good footwork even in distress. He looks off defenders a lot and is really accurate in his completions that I could see on tape. The ball doesn't jump out of his hand but he appears to be really dialed into the position and can really move too. I actually like his throwing motion because you can't get a sense of where the ball is going until it's already out of his hand. 

3 hours ago, 505 Husker said:

Yeah, these guys were too small too when they came in as Freshmen...kid is likely 16/17 and still growing.  Zip it.

Turner Gill    Turner Gill - 1983 - Football - University of Nebraska (huskers.com)

Eric Crouch  Eric Crouch - 2001 - Football - University of Nebraska (huskers.com) 

Russell Wilson Russell Wilson - 2010 - Football - NC State University Athletics (gopack.com)

I prefer bigger QBs, but, you just don't know yet where a kid this age finishes before college. 

Buque!

• Oh Yeah! 1

21 hours ago, RichardHangslow said:

No I will not zip it, you can be an adult and have a conversation instead of telling someone you do not agree with to zip it, then you find 3 guys who played decades apart to try and support your argument.... WEAK! All I am saying is he could just as easily be 5'10" 150 pounds. B1G linebackers are going to murder this young man. It is not a knock on him but there is a huge jump between High school football and B1G football where defensive players have legs the size of this guy. It is just a huge roll of the dice to give a ship to a player who is as undersized as he is and who is going to take a hit like he is. If he was a RB would you take him? 

You mean running backs the size of Roger Craig, Doug DuBose, and Rex Burkhead when they were in high school? 

Keep doing that decades apart, weak size thing, sorry to confuse the issue.

• Haha 1
On 8/23/2021 at 7:49 PM, RichardHangslow said:

No I will not zip it, you can be an adult and have a conversation instead of telling someone you do not agree with to zip it, then you find 3 guys who played decades apart to try and support your argument.... WEAK! All I am saying is he could just as easily be 5'10" 150 pounds. B1G linebackers are going to murder this young man. It is not a knock on him but there is a huge jump between High school football and B1G football where defensive players have legs the size of this guy. It is just a huge roll of the dice to give a ship to a player who is as undersized as he is and who is going to take a hit like he is. If he was a RB would you take him? 

You do realize that it will be at least 2 years before he even sets foot on campus to take a practice snap?  So, that means it's probably 3-4 years before he takes meaningful snaps in a game?  Have you ever noticed how much boy's bodies grow and change during this time span at this age?

57 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

You do realize that it will be at least 2 years before he even sets foot on campus to take a practice snap?  So, that means it's probably 3-4 years before he takes meaningful snaps in a game?  Have you ever noticed how much boy's bodies grow and change during this time span at this age?

Yes I realize all of that. I am just saying that it is a big project to take on in the hopes that in 3-4 years he works out. I just think that there are other positions on the team that we can use his ship that would be more beneficial to the team than a undersized QB. 

41 minutes ago, RichardHangslow said:

Yes I realize all of that. I am just saying that it is a big project to take on in the hopes that in 3-4 years he works out. I just think that there are other positions on the team that we can use his ship that would be more beneficial to the team than a undersized QB. 

I fail to see how he is as big of project as you seem to think.

• Thanks 1
12 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

I fail to see how he is as big of project as you seem to think.

Really its just my opinion.  I just prefer QBs that have bigger frames. At 6' 175 there is just not a lot of meat on the bone to play QB at the college level. And my concern is having to add weight to get him up to 215 what does that do to his mechanics and speed. Basically does it help or hinder the reasons why you brought him here if he chooses to come to Nebraska. 

I am guessing that Mooney reminds them of Milton and I think they are trying to catch lightning in a bottle twice. My concern is him getting hurt and never seeing the field. 

I know that there are outliers that there are smaller quarterbacks and that injuries can happen to anybody no matter what size, however to me it just seems more avoidable with the bigger quarterback. 

On 8/25/2021 at 10:23 AM, RichardHangslow said:

Really its just my opinion.  I just prefer QBs that have bigger frames. At 6' 175 there is just not a lot of meat on the bone to play QB at the college level. And my concern is having to add weight to get him up to 215 what does that do to his mechanics and speed. Basically does it help or hinder the reasons why you brought him here if he chooses to come to Nebraska. 

I am guessing that Mooney reminds them of Milton and I think they are trying to catch lightning in a bottle twice. My concern is him getting hurt and never seeing the field. 

I know that there are outliers that there are smaller quarterbacks and that injuries can happen to anybody no matter what size, however to me it just seems more avoidable with the bigger quarterback. 

The kid is 6'1 195 So not sure why you saying 175. I watched them in their spring game he is big enough. Trains hard practices hard and he can throw the heck out of it. Everybody he works out for offers this kid. 

• Plus1 1
2 minutes ago, Footballguy22 said:

The kid is 6'1 195 So not sure why you saying 175. I watched them in their spring game he is big enough. Trains hard practices hard and he can throw the heck out of it. Everybody he works out for offers this kid. 

He plays at the highest level in Louisiana Dang he is big as 50% of the QBs now Not sure what you mean to small 

• Plus1 1
17 minutes ago, Footballguy22 said:

You mean he’s grown and his body has matured from when he was a junior in HS?

Thats a novel idea. 

• Plus1 1
  • Mavric changed the title to QB Reese Mooney [Vanderbilt Commit]
  • Mavric changed the title to QB Reese Mooney [Liberty - Signed LOI]