QB Reese Mooney [Liberty - Signed LOI]

Mavric

HuskerBoard Predictor  

26 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 hour ago, Cdog923 said:

I've seen this "drill" pop up quite a bit lately, and just shake my head at it. 

Yeah the only thing I took from this drill video was that it showed his arm strength.  Seems to have decent feet as well but the arm strength seems to be there.

1 hour ago, GSG said:

Why? Cuz you couldn't hit water if you fell out of a boat? :lol:

The number of QBs that can hit that throw in an actual game (or should be making that throw) you can count on one hand. 

And joke's on you; I can't swim. 

30 minutes ago, Cdog923 said:

The number of QBs that can hit that throw in an actual game (or should be making that throw) you can count on one hand. 

It's like a basketball player practicing a half court shot.  Chances of making it in a real game are slim.  But, in the rare circumstance that you're called on to do it, you at least had better have tried it in practice some.

33 minutes ago, Cdog923 said:

105xbh.gif

You're right about the number of guys that can do it in a game. The only reason we're seeing these guys do this "drill" is because we all saw it 10,000 times the week before draft from all the pro days. 

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
11 minutes ago, GSG said:

105xbh.gif

You're right about the number of guys that can do it in a game. The only reason we're seeing these guys do this "drill" is because we all saw it 10,000 times the week before draft from all the pro days. 

tenor.gif?itemid=4929595

• 3 weeks later...

29 minutes ago, Cdog923 said:

Sweet. When we get to the point where we can 1. Play with 2 balls, 2. that doesn't count as a fumble and C. can get 2 consecutive snaps to the QB, this'll be an effective drill. 

/s....mostly. 

Yep, I’m sure they were hoping the rules of football would soon change when whoever it is came up with that QB drill :thumbs.  Or they are working on a specific action for him that will translate into muscle memory for when he plays in a game.  

• Plus1 2
6 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

Yep, I’m sure they were hoping the rules of football would soon change when whoever it is came up with that QB drill :thumbs.  Or they are working on a specific action for him that will translate into muscle memory for when he plays in a game.  

Muscle memory and quick release.

It reminds me of watching a short stop practice throwing to first base sitting on one knee and not looking when he throws.

• Mavric changed the title to QB Reese Mooney [Vanderbilt Commit]
  • Mavric changed the title to QB Reese Mooney [Liberty - Signed LOI]