Kevin Cross

I dont get to pay close attention to

BB but it just seems rather amazing the sheer numbers of transfers in & out by BB players nowadays. !!

Its crazy musical chairs.  How can kids get anything real accomplished academically changing schools 3 or 4 times ?   i also doubt their BB skills / career is being advanced either - hopscotching around the country from coach to coach / player to player etc.  

I am kind of wondering what Fred’s strategy is or ??   A bunch of free agent play ground kids in pick up games?   No school ties.  ?   

• Plus1 1

• 3 months later...

I actually liked watching Cross when he was a Husker and was disappointed when he announced he was transferring.  Was kinda hoping he might choose Depaul so I would have an even better excuse to go check out their new arena which of course wouldn't be happening now anyway  since he's not going there and Covid.  Really interested to see how thing go for him down there.

1 hour ago, suh_fan93 said:

I actually liked watching Cross when he was a Husker and was disappointed when he announced he was transferring.  Was kinda hoping he might choose Depaul so I would have an even better excuse to go check out their new arena which of course wouldn't be happening now anyway  since he's not going there and Covid.  Really interested to see how thing go for him down there.

Ron Hunter is a great coach with a really good system. He'll be joined by a few other former 4* top 100 kids that have transferred in that should do most of the scoring, but I think it'll be a perfect role for him. Stretch 4 where he will be in mostly catch and shoot situations and needed as a rebounder. Where Cross got into trouble was when we gave him the ball on the perimeter and made him be a dribbler/decision maker. As a catch and shoot guy, he wasn't bad.

• Fire 1
3 hours ago, suh_fan93 said:

Well, the way it is in basketball, he could still end up there. 

• Fire 1
  • seaofred92 changed the title to Kevin Cross