CBS Sports: Predicting Big Ten win totals for 2020

Nebraska (7-5, 4-5)

Wins: Purdue, Central Michigan, South Dakota State, Cincinnati, Illinois, Penn State, Minnesota

Losses: at Northwestern, at Rutgers, at Ohio State, at Iowa, at Wisconsin

Analysis: I've made a promise to myself that I intend to keep. I'm not predicting that Nebraska is back until Nebraska is back. That said, returning to a bowl game for the first time since 2016 seems well within the realm of possibilities. Of course, the way the schedule breaks down, the Huskers will start the season 5-1 and have everybody feeling great about life before losing four of their last six. That's likely to dampen the joy of getting back to a bowl just a little bit.

Complete list here: https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/predicting-big-ten-win-totals-ohio-state-looks-to-again-lead-league-in-2020-college-football-season/

• Plus1 1

I have no idea what he's on but there's zero chance we both beat Penn State AND lose to Rutgers.

Rutgers' two wins last year came against UMass and Liberty. They gave up three scores to each team, and only beat Liberty by ten points.

We're supposed to lose to them?  Why, because we're looking ahead to Ohio State?

I think there's a decent chance we may be playing for bowl eligibility against Rutgers next season, more than enough motivation to beat a bad Rutgers team.

• Plus1 3
1 minute ago, knapplc said:

I have no idea what he's on but there's zero chance we both beat Penn State AND lose to Rutgers.

Rutgers' two wins last year came against UMass and Liberty. They gave up three scores to each team, and only beat Liberty by ten points.

We're supposed to lose to them?  Why, because we're looking ahead to Ohio State?

I think there's a decent chance we may be playing for bowl eligibility against Rutgers next season, more than enough motivation to beat a bad Rutgers team.

Yeah, IDGI either. If Riley was still here, I could see it, lol. I think you flip those two games, and it's a very reasonable take.

2 minutes ago, Saunders said:

Yeah, IDGI either. If Riley was still here, I could see it, lol. I think you flip those two games, and it's a very reasonable take.

Right. Maybe he just messed something up there.

Although I don't know that we beat Cincinnati. That looks to be a pretty tough game (tougher than Rutgers!) and you know Fickell is going to be looking for revenge for the Bauserman Disaster.

Man, I'd be happy just to get that early win over Cincinnati. It would most likely be the Frost era's first win over a ranked team, as most preseason polls have Cinci at around #20. I think way too many people are overlooking that game.

• Plus1 3

Yea, I think you got to flip PSU and Rutgers High School (why in the world are they even in the Big 10- TV sets).  If we can beat Cinci I think it will go along way in telling us where this team is at development wise.  I do think we also beat NW next year.

May have to flip NW and Minny - unless Minny was a one year wonder. 

But I take nothing for granted anymore.  Each of those teams except Rutgers and Ill have some feather in their hat that can't be ignored.

Maybe somebody has done it already but where do NU recruiting classes rank vs our competition (after subtracting off all our transfer players off). ?

We have had decent ranked classes in the 25-40 range but have below .500 record.   That is - with 67% talent less all the players not on the team = 50%.  that hurts and maybe we are still at .500 talent. 

3 hours ago, knapplc said:

Rutgers, heh.  I suspect that's more about the author needing avoid saying Rutgers will get skunked in the B10.  He had to name some possible win for them.  Sadly, we might be perceived as their best chance.  No way in hell it'll happen though.    

4 hours ago, NUance said:

Rutgers, heh.  I suspect that's more about the author needing avoid saying Rutgers will get skunked in the B10.  He had to name some possible win for them.  Sadly, we might be perceived as their best chance.  No way in hell it'll happen though.    

I think that's it. He has to pick something to keep the Rutgers fans (all 18 of them) interested, I guess?

We have a bye week before the Rutgers game, as it stands now. I suppose we could be looking past them to Ohio State, but even still, I doubt we lose to those guys. Just more horses in the stable here right now.

13 hours ago, knapplc said:

I think that's it. He has to pick something to keep the Rutgers fans (all 18 of them) interested, I guess?

We have a bye week before the Rutgers game, as it stands now. I suppose we could be looking past them to Ohio State, but even still, I doubt we lose to those guys. Just more horses in the stable here right now.

Did they just look at the schedule and pick home games as wins and away games as losses?

Memorial Stadium isn't exactly a difficult place to play. 

4 hours ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

Did they just look at the schedule and pick home games as wins and away games as losses?

Memorial Stadium isn't exactly a difficult place to play. 

Memorial Stadium is Probably tougher then most of the places that we typically play on the road