Which game means more to the direction of the program- Iowa or Wisconsin?

Which game means more to the direction of the program?  

37 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Late in the season in the midst of a brutal 5 game stretch, the Huskers play back to back games against Iowa and Wisconsin on the road. Which game, to you, would a win mean more for the direction of the program? 

11/14 @ Iowa: Stanley is gone, and Iowa loses a bunch of guys from last year’s team that eeked out a win in Lincoln. Iowa has won 5 games in a row dating back to 2015 in this series.

11/21 @ Wisconsin: They bring back Jack Coan but lose Jonathan Taylor. Wisconsin has won 7 in a row in this series, and Nebraska has only won 1 time EVER in Madison- 1966. Wisconsin has been to 4 of the last 6 B1G Championship games. 

• Plus1 2

I did not see an option for both.

Either one would mean something for the program considering our recent results but I have more respect for th Badgers so I feel a win over them would mean more. Conversely, yet another loss to Iowa would be worse compared to a loss to Wisconsin. So I can't really pick one......but I’ll go with Wisconsin since they are the better team and it’s later in the season.

I voted Wisconsin. The last two years we were in position to beat Iowa and just didn’t quite get it done. I thinking us passing them soon is expected and shows that our trajectory is right around we’re anyone who didn’t think we’d go undefeated in year 2 honestly thinks it probably should be. However beating Wisconsin is a much greater task and would really boost our program. 

31 minutes ago, OH HSKR FAN said:

How big were the kickoff returns for TDs in both of those games last year?

So frustrating. One of many individual plays that if changed, turn the Iowa game into a win IMO. Wisconsin it would've taken a little more - but take away that return and add a kicker, and we're in that game as well.

Well, we've lost the swagger when we entered the Big 10 thinking as some did we were going to teach the conf how to play football.  I'll be glad when we can consistently beat Minny, NW, Purdue, Ill.   We held our nose up high thinking Iowa should never be considered a 'rival'.  Based on the past 5 years - they aren't.    If Wisc is the old Nebraska, what have we been? 

Ok enough :cry

I think the measure is Wisconsin.  I think we pass up Iowa as Frost matures as a coach and develops this team. 

Once we beat Wisc again and get the monkey off our back, I think they will develop into the real divisional rival and we will be competitive wt them.    Then we can talk about : Bring on Ohio State :o

• Thanks 1

Iowa... Good to great teams consistently beat and beat up on the teams they should.  A sound victory against iowa, in my opinion, is more indicative of where the progrum is vs. an establish good team that is still a step above where we are.  Once we consistently take down Iowa then consistent success against wisconsin is next

On 4/30/2020 at 8:03 AM, 84HuskerLaw said:

At this point, any win we can find is important, no matter who we play. Lets hope we have bottomed out but flattening the inverted curve is still in question.  

I have been bullish about the program until this shutdown and felt good until I read they basically couldnt even work out etc. ......

...... while every other team in the country practices at full capacity.

Seriously all team's are filling the effects - heck NU is probably still using a delivery program for meals.

1 hour ago, GBRFAN said:

Seriously all team's are filling the effects - heck NU is probably still using a delivery program for meals.

but the more established, mature teams will ride over the shutdown better than a younger less developed bunch.  Especially if we end up with a short fall season with little preseason camp.  We needed bowl practices and spring and summer work as well to help catch up with PSU, IA, Wis, etc.  

2 hours ago, GBRFAN said:

What? How are they practicing when no one is allowed on any campus or sports facilities?