DE Mandela Tobin [Duke Commit]

Mavric

HuskerBoard Predictor  

28 members have voted

1. 1. To which school will Tobin commit?

This poll is closed to new votes

On 11/25/2020 at 2:34 PM, Decked said:

I think he’s gonna take the last spot at DE from Buckley. Leaves us with Savea, Weaver, & Tobin. Tobin may be rated low but he does have a very interesting frame to work with. Not too many kids have a 7 foot wingspan at 6’4. They are gonna finish with some nice pieces to end out this class though. 

Recruiting is not complicated. If he was good, his offers would be better. 

Too many of our recruits this class are developmental. Despite Frost and his class struggling to develop anybody.

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 1
  • Fire 1

2 hours ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

Despite Frost and his class struggling to develop anybody.

Man.. I don't know you, I've never spoken with you so I'm probably totally off here but it seems you're more interested in taking the program down than supporting it. It appears to me (again, I've not spoken with you) your hatred of Frost out weights your ability to be a fan of the program.

• Plus1 2
15 hours ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

Recruiting is not complicated. If he was good, his offers would be better. 

Too many of our recruits this class are developmental. Despite Frost and his class struggling to develop anybody.

This developmental mindset isn’t very bright when you look at the new average rating of this class. With the new ratings + additions I think the average star ranking may rival or topple last years. How many true freshman actually play crazy significant snaps? Not a ton. Most will need a year just like last years class. 

If the argument about better offers was also 100% true Wisconsin, NW, & Indiana would be terrible. It’s somewhere in between. 

• Plus1 4
13 hours ago, Loebarth said:

Man.. I don't know you, I've never spoken with you so I'm probably totally off here but it seems you're more interested in taking the program down than supporting it. It appears to me (again, I've not spoken with you) your hatred of Frost out weights your ability to be a fan of the program.

Not in the least.

I'm just not going to celebrate every low-rated recruit and assume they're the next JJ Watt.

38 minutes ago, spurs1990 said:

Tobin, Mbow, and Buckley never really seemed like that great of options. Glad only going with 1/3 I think. Hopefully the other two actually show and stay.

I mean yeah they were pretty far down the list. At least Buckley has the size. 

• Mavric changed the title to DE Mandela Tobin [Duke Commit]