Capri Davis Among Several Huskers to File NCAA Lawsuit Over Assault

I just cannot tell you how sad this makes me.

Eff Bomb.

Lawsuit claims UNL, athletic department protect Huskers accused of sexual assault

A federal lawsuit details several instances of rape and sexual harassment perpetrated against University of Nebraska-Lincoln students -- including a former Husker volleyball player -- by members of the football team since 2015.

The complaint, filed against the NCAA in U.S. District Court in Michigan on behalf of students at UNL and Michigan State University, also accuses Husker Athletics employees of pushing a student-athlete to use social media to denounce false rumors that she was pregnant.

In each case, the 70-page lawsuit alleges, UNL failed to act in a timely manner, or handled the women’s reports with indifference, because male student-athletes on Husker sports teams were involved.

“UNL has fostered a culture in which female victims are discouraged from reporting sexual assaults, sexual harassment, stalking, and other forms of general discrimination when those acts are perpetrated by male student-athletes in order to protect UNL, the male athletics program, male student-athletes, and the NCAA, at the expense of female victims,” the lawsuit states.

Unlike other recent Title IX lawsuits filed against the university for acting indifferently to reports of rape or sexual harassment, the lawsuit filed by current and former students says the NCAA failed to hold its members accountable to a campus sexual violence policy it adopted in 2017.

:facepalm:

5 minutes ago, SouthLincoln Husker said:

FYI - There is already a post for this!

Mine was first. That one should be merged with this one.

So what did you mean by this?

33 minutes ago, SouthLincoln Husker said:

I do not want to sound incensitive, but this an article based on what the accused said.