Lawsuit claims UNL, athletic department protect Huskers accused of sexual assault

3 hours ago, The Dude said:

If this is Frost's culture it sucks.

The lawsuit mentions issues dating back to 2015 so it would extend beyond Frost. Also, from everything that I've seen so far the only time the football program is mentioned is because of the two players who Frost dismissed. It doesn't appear to be a pervasive football thing like Baylor where the football program covered it up. This lawsuit seems to be directed more at the Title IX office and the NCAA's failures in that area.

• Plus1 2
1 hour ago, WyoHusker56 said:

The lawsuit mentions issues dating back to 2015 so it would extend beyond Frost. Also, from everything that I've seen so far the only time the football program is mentioned is because of the two players who Frost dismissed. It doesn't appear to be a pervasive football thing like Baylor where the football program covered it up. This lawsuit seems to be directed more at the Title IX office and the NCAA's failures in that area.

I wonder how much influence or connection boosters have with the title IX office? Who pays their salaries? I’m assuming it’s the university, but I don’t know. 

I have no knowledge that there is any connection between boosters and compliance monitors. Too many movies I guess. 

5 minutes ago, krc1995 said:

I wonder how much influence or connection boosters have with the title IX office? Who pays their salaries? I’m assuming it’s the university, but I don’t know. 

I have no knowledge that there is any connection between boosters and compliance monitors. Too many movies I guess. 

No no no, those are university staff positions. That would be a huge scandal if an athletic booster was funneling money to the Title IX office!

Might make a good movie though. I’d watch.

1 hour ago, Ulty said:

No no no, those are university staff positions. That would be a huge scandal if an athletic booster was funneling money to the Title IX office!

Might make a good movie though. I’d watch.

I feel like Gene Hackman Or Jeff Bridges would be in it.

and I meant booster influence- not necessary money. Like “ Karen, cover this up or we take your parking spot” kind of stuff. 

31 minutes ago, krc1995 said:

I feel like Gene Hackman Or Jeff Bridges would be in it.

and I meant booster influence- not necessary money. Like “ Karen, cover this up or we take your parking spot” kind of stuff. 

Don’t even joke about taking my parking spot. I’ll cut you.

• Plus1 1
12 hours ago, NUance said:

I didn't realize it was so clear cut.  Well then, I guess I was sexually assaulted over a dozen times during my college days at UNL.  Maybe I should have made a big stink about it and gotten each of those evil college girls in trouble for those criminal butt grabs.  Instead I just laughed it off.  Silly me. 

It is though. There are women out there who probably think it's funny to. They and you have/had every right to speak to the proper authorities about it, and also have the right to choose not to because it doesn't bother them.

That doesn't mean it's not sexual assault on the part of the person doing the grabbing, and people should probably assume it's not okay to grab random people's asses.

• Plus1 1
18 hours ago, The Dude said:

If this is Frost's culture it sucks.

I don't want to give people passes, but the 3 bad kids we had were because of the late arrival of Frost IMO. With losing so many players we had to fill a class and took chances on kids mainly academically, slightly possible trouble. We have already lost 12 players from that class, some never made it to campus. TWELVE! Never were able to build any relationships. As I said before, we basically didn't start anything until 2019...It's gonna take time. 

• Plus1 3

20 hours ago, NUance said:

I didn't realize it was so clear cut.  Well then, I guess I was sexually assaulted over a dozen times during my college days at UNL.  Maybe I should have made a big stink about it and gotten each of those evil college girls in trouble for those criminal butt grabs.  Instead I just laughed it off.  Silly me. 

I think it is important to understand these are unwanted grabs rooted in control.  Think of a nasty male trucker proudly grabbing your butt at your kids' T-Ball game daring you to "do something about it."  Understand that you are some 100 pounds smaller than he is. Now chew on that feeling for a few minutes.

• Plus1 4
  • Fire 1
2 hours ago, BIG ERN said:

I don't want to give people passes, but the 3 bad kids we had were because of the late arrival of Frost IMO. With losing so many players we had to fill a class and took chances on kids mainly academically, slightly possible trouble. We have already lost 12 players from that class, some never made it to campus. TWELVE! Never were able to build any relationships. As I said before, we basically didn't start anything until 2019...It's gonna take time. 

Not a great excuse.

• Plus1 3
1 hour ago, The Dude said:

Not a great excuse.

I fail to see how this is a problem of Frost's culture.  When he found out about it, he dismissed the players.  Do you have knowledge that Frost knew these players would do such a thing?  Do you know that he welcomed them to campus knowing they would do such a thing and turned a blind eye?

• Plus1 5
  • Haha 1
On 4/30/2020 at 10:41 AM, NUance said:

Yep!

26 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

I fail to see how this is a problem of Frost's culture.  When he found out about it, he dismissed the players.  Do you have knowledge that Frost knew these players would do such a thing?  Do you know that he welcomed them to campus knowing they would do such a thing and turned a blind eye?

Do you think there's any chance that Frost and some staff sat down and asked the question, "Are these guys worth it? You think they'll stay out of trouble? Are they safe?"